Sign in to follow this  
kuipers23

50mm inlet manifold HELP!

I have come across a problem whilst fitting a 50mm inlet manifold from a mk2 golf gti to my 2.0l 16v corrado.

It all goes on fine except for the injecters. The injecter seats are different. On the corrado there is a clip at the top of the injector seat which holds the injector in. On the mk2 manifold there is nothing to attach the clip to.

Has anyone fitted one before? If so how did you get the injectors to stay in?

I don't want to just put them in as when I start the car they will just come flying out.

Thanks in advance

the 1.8s didnt have the circlip to hold the injectors in, they just push fit in. Just tap the injectors into there cups using a flat blade screw driver and hammer being carefull not to damage the seals

Emmmmm, shouldn't a 2.0L corrado already have a 50mm manifold fitted to it as standard! :scratch:

I don't want to just put them in as when I start the car they will just come flying out.

No they won't, they're not close enough to the combustion chamber for the pressure to force them out.

They will be fine just pushed in :thumb right:

Have you done the same?

Really worried about just pushing them in. Doesn't seem that there is much to keep them in there.

If someone has done the same on there 2.0l 16v can you tell me if you have had any problems.

Why was there a clip on the original. There must have been a reason they put it on there.

Thanks

If you've ever checked the condition of the clips on older cars, you'll know that they don't generally hold much as they've all deteriorated. Trying to pull the injector out, with the clip off, is extremely hard.

Take the advice from the guys above mate!

Have you done the same?

Really worried about just pushing them in. Doesn't seem that there is much to keep them in there.

If someone has done the same on there 2.0l 16v can you tell me if you have had any problems.

Why was there a clip on the original. There must have been a reason they put it on there.

Thanks

I've had the inectors in my 1987 16v golf rattle out and I just pushed them back in. It's not the pressure that loosens them it's the vibration especially if the sleeves are knackered.

you should be using new "o" rings, then tap the injectors in. Top tip to removing them is do it when engines warm, the injectors pull out easier then

Okay I will tap them back in.

Just put the KR cam in at the same time so i am looking forward to the results.

Just as well the manifold was changed as the injector seat had a crack in it and a piece was hanging off. If it fell off it would have been good by engine!

Thanks all!

if you mean the plastic shroud bits, i had 1 of them drop into the engine, it just broke up and got spat out :shock: :clap: