Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

Why did I wait so long to change to Lupo Wipers!

After having a few moments with 'sod all' visibility in the dark during the recent downpours with my standard wipers I finally bit the bullet and ordered a set of Lupo Wipers from the local dealers. :clap:

Got the codes from:- http://www.torquevw.com/how_to_guides/c ... pers.shtml

Wasn't sure I could justify the price tag of, 'gulp', just under £100 for two bits of metal and rubber. (Hope the other half doesn't read this). BUT, fitted them today and what a difference! :shock:

I can actually see through my front windscreen when it rains, even at motorway speeds! :D

Now all I have to do is find the leak in the car so that I can now park up in the rain. :(

i did the tt conversion and thought exactly the same about the cost but now its done how did i manage in the rain before there perfect :)

yep worth its weight in gold that one although a few people on here do have fully functioning standard wipers... how strange!! lol

yep worth its weight in gold that one although a few people on here do have fully functioning standard wipers... how strange!! lol

they want to look after them they will become collectors items :grin:

i did everything different blades retensioning the spring bending arms etc , rubbish.

aero wipers are the dogs danglies :salute:

It's just the arms that are the problem. I bet you one miiiilllion dollars that if you bought brand new standard wiper arms and blades, they'd be fine.

That said, I've got Lupo wipers on mine too :)

mine had brand new arms and blades and its crap, just got home from a dark wet drive and this lupo mod is fast moving up my list of things to do next :lol:

is it an easy thing to do, much adjusting of anything?

a couple of nuts, off with the old, ond with the new, do up and your away... about 10 mins :D

I really wish we could get this over here... One of my wiper arms doesn't even touch my windscreen. :( I've tried bending it and everything.

alright lads iv decided that im goin to fork out for a wiper conversion too since it rains so bleedin much in 'sunny' scotland.

what would you dudes suggest lupo or tt?? im goin to try euro car parts as i will hopefully get a wee sneaky discount

cheers

It's just the arms that are the problem. I bet you one miiiilllion dollars that if you bought brand new standard wiper arms and blades, they'd be fine.

I've got new vw arms and they are a big improvement over 17 year old arms and springs but you do have to change the blades regular. Apparently the lupo items last a lot longer. I like the standard look of the originals but they still lift off the screen in the rain over 100mph. :shrug: So I don't do 100mph in the rain which is probably sensible anyway. :)

Where do you buy that from then? Looks very good, could be the answer to my wiper wear issues.

I've got new vw arms and they are a big improvement over 17 year old arms and springs but you do have to change the blades regular. Apparently the lupo items last a lot longer. I like the standard look of the originals but they still lift off the screen in the rain over 100mph. :shrug: So I don't do 100mph in the rain which is probably sensible anyway. :)

:lol: DOn't think i've ever put mine on over 100! Mainly cos i've never been over 100 :ignore:

Prodigal has them and they seem to work...

Standard wipers work fine for me, never had any problems with them...maybe im just lucky!

Started to use rainex but it hasnt rained since so im yet to find out what its like.

sorry for asking but wat is rainex?

Rainex is like wax for your windows. Makes the water bead. I use it and makes for much greater visibility especially if you do motorway driving in the British summer time :lol: If you top up the application regularly, most of the time, intermittent wipers will suffice.

Only down side is that on damp cold mornings, condensation reforms very quickly until the glass drys so you have to keep using the windscreen wipers when you first drive away. Other plus point is that when there is moderate frost, I find rainex treated glass doesn't freeze over.

Go get some - also looks top notch to have beading water on windows as well as waxed body work!

Theres instructions on the back of the bottles. The stuff i have you apply to the window like a normal window cleaner, its good stuff!

I think i spoke to soon about my wipers being fine, they dont like to touch the window very much when on the motorway as i found out the other day :(