Sign in to follow this  
Funkster

New headlamp lenses bigger than originals?

Hallo all,

I got a rock through one of my headlight lenses, so I got a replacement from the stealer and put it on today. All was well until I came to fit the black plastic surround, at which point I found that the new lens was about 1/8" deeper front-to-back than the old one!

I've hacked at the surround to make it fit for now but it looks a bit ropey and will probably snap and fly off at some point. If I buy a new surround from the stealer is it likely to fit or have they given me the wrong lens? The beam pattern looks about right and the lens fit onto the lamp body just fine, though the approval markings were a bit different.

Cheers in advance for any insights,

--

Olly

Hallo,

Seems like you have an early lense, I have a selection of new late ones if you want to swap.

Arrgh, silly dealer - I gave them the year and the numberplate and they still got it wrong!

It'd be great to swap for a correct one, but I do need to keep the car on the road... what would you think is the best way?

It's a driver's side lens for a 1995 UK car btw.

Cheers :o)

--

Olly

Arrgh, silly dealer - I gave them the year and the numberplate and they still got it wrong!

It'd be great to swap for a correct one, but I do need to keep the car on the road... what would you think is the best way?

It's a driver's side lens for a 1995 UK car btw.

Cheers :o)

--

Olly

I can put one in the post or I am driving down through the Midlands next Wednesday, I need to put some alloys in for a refurb near Birmingham CIty football ground so we could always meet up and do it.

Sorry to butt in but if you have a spare n/s late lense yandards any chance you could bring that to Brum?

ill meet you and drop you a few dub tokens for it.

Let me know please mate and ill send you a pm with my moby number so we can arrange to meet.

Many Thanks