Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Hammer, a nail and a speed camera

Just read on the German Roccoforum, that according to a German local newspaper someone in Germany has created 15k Euro worth of damage by hammering a nail into one of the induction loops on the raod belonging to a speed camera similar to the Truvelo ones used in the UK :D That camera doesn't sense speed or take pictures any more, the council have to rip up the whole tarmac to repair the loops :clap:

3 loops these things have, 2 to measure the car's speed, third one to trigger the camera.

It'll soon be a criminal offense to carry hammer and nails with you in the car :lol:

Tempest

:lol: :lol: fair play!

They fitted a pair of these cameras just down the road from my house, and made such a mess of digging up the road to fit the induction loops that it would be physically impossible to drive over their road 'repairs' at over 30mph anyway! :brickwall:

:lol: :lol: fair play!

They fitted a pair of these cameras just down the road from my house, and made such a mess of digging up the road to fit the induction loops that it would be physically impossible to drive over their road 'repairs' at over 30mph anyway! :brickwall:

Maybe thats the plan. Forget speed cameras, the way to slow people down is to either not repair the road at all or repair it to a bad standard. :|

my old bond bug and my brothers jago jeep didnt trigger the induction loops as there wasnt enough metal in them :roll: , not so handy when we where trying to get out of a car park which had induction loop triggered exit barriers :lol:

How did he test to see if it had worked though? :cuckoo: seems pointless when you can just do the speed for 2 seconds then accelerate again :wave: