Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

New Motor For G60JET

Hi Guys

Well its been a while since I left Spain and the Corrado G60 Jet , I always regretted selling the Jet but not any more, I've found a car that bring the same smile to my face that the old Jet did over 3 years ago.

As some of you know I have a job at the weekends filming driving experiences and I hail a fair amount of kit around, and frankly the boot on the Leon was just not big enough.

Anyway after some toying with the idea of a new car, I started looking around, I still wanted a Mk4 R32, but being the same platform as the Leon it wasn't really the car. I looked at the Passat and the boot was huge, but just didn't like the seats or the dash, event in the "sport" models. So off I went to Merc, the C-Class to be exact, now my dad has one and its nice, but still says to me, when I'm 50 and totally Grey. Then the Audi popped into my Head. VAG, Sport, nice toys, and good lucks. Started looking around for a 170BHP tdi, and they are a bit thin on the ground. Anyway I went to Stafford Audi to test drive a TDI, but it wasnt as tidy as i'd off liked for 16,000miles. Anyway to the back of the line was a Stunning liquid blue A4 Avant 2.0l petrol, now I didn't really want a petrol car, but after a quick bit of maths and the manufactures mpg figures the petrol only works out 1p a mile more expensive to run on fuel. So I took it out for a spin. What a car, I fell in love, the Quattro really make it fly and drive well.

Anyway its got 1 owner from new, and only 10k on the clock and very clean. :D

but after a quick bit of maths and the manufactures mpg figures the petrol only works out 1p a mile more expensive to run on fuel.

That's another grand a year assuming you do 10k a year! It's not exactly a small sum in anyones book!

Still - looks like a wonderful car mate. Would gladly have one of those for day to day driving! I'm guessing it's the same (or a variant of) the 2.0T in the Golf GTI..?

10,000 x 0.01p = £100, but the servicing is cheaper on the petrol and the car is cheaper to buy

yeah 200BHP standard, not sure if it will get chipped or not, but it seems strange seeing and engine that way round under the bonnet

Must have been tired - not sure how I worked that out like that! Made sense to go for the petrol then :D

I was beginning to panic i'd miss calcualated everything. lol

I only thing im worried about is changing all 4 tires at once cos you cant have more that 3mm difference from front to back!! :shock:

I only thing im worried about is changing all 4 tires at once cos you cant have more that 3mm difference from front to back!! :shock:

just swap the front and back tyres evry now and then to even out the wear.

just swap the front and back tyres evry now and then to even out the wear.

That wont work its 4wd all the time, its not like the 4motion set up