cdem

My 1991 White 16V Corrado...NOW ON COILOVERS

looks very nice mate. will look and handle so mch better once you get the coilovers on there! i think he g60 steels look good in silver. i can see where your coming from with the black wheels on white car but maybe get the car lowered and see what the wheels look like in silver. then go for the black! :D

Yea coilovers are my priority for now, im fed of of driving a 4x4! Im hoping to have the coilovers sorted out by Edition38 so fingers crossed! Got something planned for the grill aswell but i need a spare one to use while its being done

My car is now low!!! Coilovers came today and get fitted today aswell :D

DSC00899.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

Obviously that is just stupid...so we took off the front splitter

Trying to get off my mates drive lol

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

Side view

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

Under the front bumper

DSC00924.jpg

And a funky one

DSC00932.jpg

I need to raise the front as its just far to low, i cant get over any speed bumps without hitting the underside of my car, it sounds so horrible :(

Sorry for the bad images, my phones crap

hcgfnh003-1.jpg

Last pic on your camera phone looks trendy 8) - this one however got me thinking - you know if you stood directly underneath a pylon with a light bulb in your hand, I wonder if it would light up? :scratch: :dorky: :idea:

there is low and there is low :lol: nice drop all the same :shock:

mine scrapes on every speed bump, and coming out my drive :bad-words:

Its actually far to low ive decided. 3cm clearance from the ground to the sump :shock:

Im after a 1.8 20v Turbo engine now so im saving up...hopefully in time for spring next year, ill see.

Car looks good, don't think i could run that low, no hills round norfolk but roads are sh*te.

Just a thought, i have a 50 splitter on mine and was looking for a 90, fancy a swap? Would mean you could run lower and still have a bit of clearance. Just a thought seeming as i'm not too far from you.

Roads round Peterborough are pretty much sh*te aswell! I plan to raise the front today after hitting my sump so hard yesterday, and i am after a 50mm splittler! King Lynn aint to far from me actually. I might be in Wisbech later this evening so yea could sawp if you wanted :D

Not updated for a while!!!

Thought id trial fit my splitter

DSC01062.jpg

but it was way to low so ive took it off!

Couldnt start the car one day, checked over everything and had several mechanics come out to look at it but couldnt fix it so it went off to VW2000 to get fixed, had to raise it up quite a bit so it would clear the bed

14112008223.jpg

14112008224.jpg

14112008225.jpg

After a few days at VW2000, they replaced an injector and found that there was no signal going to the cold start valve so they sorted that out. Had it back for a few hours, started it up the next day and it sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders, wouldnt idle and was so smokey! Went to start it again the next day and it wouldnt start again.....so back to VW2000!

looks very nice mate, shame about the running issues you are having, they got any ideas on what it could be?

looks very nice mate, shame about the running issues you are having, they got any ideas on what it could be?

They said its something electrical, either the loom or the ecu. Shame i have very little money else id go for a new engine all together!

After having my hours cut at work ive took the car off the road and got it in a garage so i can use the money im saving to put the car right. Rebuilding the head possibly next week and when i can afford it replacing things like the water pump and starter motor.

Found a set of bucket seats that i liked with subframes, were in a MK2 Golf are in mint condition! Just waiting for the black interior to be taken out of another Corrado so i can fit it in mine. Want to sort out the water leeks first though so ill be replacing the door seals and resealing the air vent thingy under the bonnet and also having the front window resealed.

Im gona attempt to get the head off sometime next week, but knowing me ill screw up somewhere :(

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01963.jpg

They dont seem bad to be honest! Sitting in them in the car and they are pretty comfy :D Cant take the car out for a drive to see as i need to rebuild the head still and then save up money for insurance

I did mean they look comfy truly, how i read it back to myself it sounds sarcastic.

Do me a favour and post up more interior pics of yours mate, trying to get inspiration for stripping mine out and i need to see how they look that way etc.... :D

Yea i didnt think you ment it in a sarcastic way lol, sorry if it sounded that way man!

Havnt got that many pictures to be honest but here is what ive got

Obviously them ones up there ^^^

P2160131.jpg

DSC_0055_01.jpg

I do miss having a nice comfy interior, maybe one day ill go back to having a full interior...ill see :D

Might have sourced myself a 2nd 16v engine so depending on funds ill rebuild all of that and turbo it hopefully...check back in 3years time for that lol :sleeping:

Fitted an upgraded headlight wiring loom today and also took out the front seat belts.

Couple more pics for you Junkie

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

Some brill photos on here mate, really good shots :D but can't help thinking you are taking the minimalism a little too far :shock:

Some brill photos on here mate, really good shots but can't help thinking you are taking the minimalism a little too far

Its only temporary until i get the black carpets and door cards etc....Carpeting the back of the car so should look pretty snazzy when done hopefully!!!

If i was turning it into a proper track car then i would leave it like this but its just not comfy as an every day car to be honest

looks good mate, will look really nice if you get it all carpetted out just nicely. dont think they suit the "track slag" look totally. minimalistic is cool but stripped i dont think looks too good on these!