Sign in to follow this  
joby

Windows only open when doors open

New problem :? Just been out for a run to make sure everything is ok for the trip up to stanford hall and the windows have decided to play up :o They only want to open when the doors are open, Typical corrado! The missus will winge now if she can`t open her window all the way to stanford hall.. Any clues anyone please?

Maybe wiring issue? The wires go through a rubber bellows below the door hinge. Maybe they are getting pinched when the door is shut?

OR maybe they are wired into the same circuit as the door-open-light and only work when that is coming on? :shrug:

Everything has been fine up till now and i havent touched any elctrics, Relay maybe? Anyone know where that is please

:lol: my windows work when the doors are open WITHOUT the ignition on, but if the doors closed they dont open, are you sure you had the ignition on when the the doors were shut? might be worth a check, some weird quirks on these Corrados :roll:

Yes mate ignition on and driving, Given up now! sort it when i get back from stanford hall, If i try to fix it now something else will go wrong with this old Antique :) Plus im like Frank spencer sometimes and the sunroof will probably colapse on me so im not temting fate :(

Sounds like you probably have a blown fuse. There's a different circuit for the windows when the door is open.

thanks dr_mat it was the fuse blown for the mirrors that was causing it :) these corrados have some weird quirks!