Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Alfa 156 v6 compared to Corrado

Ok, so its a saloon but a very nice one at that. What are peoples opinions on the 2.5 v6 model and how does it compare performance wise to the VR6. The reason I ask is my cousin got one and he was wheelspinning away from me in 3rd when I had grip in second.

Ok, so its a saloon but a very nice one at that. What are peoples opinions on the 2.5 v6 model and how does it compare performance wise to the VR6. The reason I ask is my cousin got one and he was wheelspinning away from me in 3rd when I had grip in second.

Corrado VR6 (a good one) will kick its butt *:)

Have raced a Alfa GTV V6 which is same engine I believe.... it lost *:)

Wheelspin in 3rd gear is easy... have done it hitting 3rd on a motorway bypass :D :lol:

Scott.

PS. I dont always drive like a loon! :oops:

The gtv is a bigger 3.0l engine I think. This means he should stand no chance against a vr6. I cant wait til I get one. :D (Fingers crossed within a month.)

The gtv is a bigger 3.0l engine I think. This means he should stand no chance against a vr6. I cant wait til I get one. :D (Fingers crossed within a month.)

it is indeed a 3litre in the gtv.......226bhp too,imo one of the best looking coupes since the C 8)

also joe i think you might find that you too will be wheelspinning in 3rd :roll: when you get your vr6.....its the product of too much horses for the t/c to cope with :wink:

My mate has an Alfa 145 with a 2.5 24v V6 lump in it (only one in the country). It has aftermarket management, cams and a large throttle body. The car is CRAZY!! It produces around 235 BHP, but the beauty is in the gearing and the power curve. Once its in its power band, well, lets just say he races porsche 944's (non turbo) :shock: