Sign in to follow this  
barryarginnraddo

my 20vt corrado ... the saga continues

ha ha an update;

Yesterday was a very productive day with the wiring we quite litterally ripped out all the 9a sensors and wires leaving us with a bundle of remaining wires, we identified the tacho, fuel pump relay and 12v supply wires and figure some of the rest my be for the diaognostic port under the gear gaiter.

We have also almost completed the new loom using the questionable qpeng distructions - honestly my advice to any one who isnt seriously clued up already would be to pay the extra and get them to do it. The diy kit isnt that easy, very time conduming and you need a decent crimp tool. Having said that, none of us has ever made a wiring loom before and we are actually getting there with it now.

There is a particularly dubias bit in the instructions which states that when using an agu loom you have to reverse some wires on the tps sensor, but im going to have to call them on that one. unless any of the 20vt qpeng agu running people on here can help me???

as for the throttle cable, my 16v one is not long enough as my inlet is on the drivers side of the engine bay.

Think the QPE website states using a 1300 throttle cable then 8)

What colour were the Corrado wires for the fuel pump, tacho and power supply?

Cheers mate,

Appreciate the help! Have stripped out the sensors and am now left with ten wires? to the ECU.

Did you keep the fuel after run wiring and sensor(single wire connector goes to down the loom behind the servo)? will it still function?

Will also post some pics up later of that damn water feed pipe LOL

Cheers

hey, no we ripped everything out of the raddo, as the qpeng should run on its own.

If you trace the wires back a lot of them go into the dash area, im asuming some must be for the diagnostic port by the gear box, and although we havent located it yet the temp guage wiring.

Have you identified the temp guage wiring colours to the dash???

Have you got any clue about which standard corrado fuel pipe is flow or return (on original 9a setup)??

Are you going to run a dump valve at all? i was hoping not to run one at all, as imo they make it blatent the car has a turbo lump, something im hoping to keep low key.

hey, no we ripped everything out of the raddo, as the qpeng should run on its own.

If you trace the wires back a lot of them go into the dash area, im asuming some must be for the diagnostic port by the gear box, and although we havent located it yet the temp guage wiring.

Have you identified the temp guage wiring colours to the dash???

Have you got any clue about which standard corrado fuel pipe is flow or return (on original 9a setup)??

Are you going to run a dump valve at all? i was hoping not to run one at all, as imo they make it blatent the car has a turbo lump, something im hoping to keep low key.

Its just the fuel afterun is suppose to kick in after the engine is switched off, up to re-circ the fuel if the temp in the bay (around the fuel lines) is too high, too keep the fuel in the lines cool etc. Not sure it will work now anyway :scratch:

As for the temp gauge too the dash, this is a single wire connector, it is a yellow/red wire and breaks out of the loom in the middle where you have the bunch of earths to the engine.

I'll check the fuel pipes tomm before I comment on which does what too :)

As for dump valve, I'm tempted, but I'd rather spend the cash on wideband lambda or oil cooler :D

Also how did you wire your alt? what did you do with the little blue wire? (see pic below)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfalt.jpg[/attachment:h0s3fn7e]

Also with regards to the water feed pipe, here is a pic (you can see where it catches the chassis leg:)

water feed.jpg[/attachment:h0s3fn7e]

Cheers

unfortunatley it looks like my agu setup is different to yours with regards to that little pipe.

Havent got round to the alternator yet, do you know what that wire does????

cheers for the info on the wire for the temp guage, ill get on the case and find it, does it go into the wiring loom where all the sensors go to the ecu - but instead go towards the drivers side bulkhead???

Have you sorted a rev gauge signal convertor yet???

my project is gunna be on the back burner for around 2 weeks now as my friend who's garage we are using is away with work, im going to use this time to try and stockpile any remaining bits that we need.

Does any one know what potentiometer is required for the dash temp guage to get it to work accuratley?

Are you going to run a dump valve at all?

Do you mean, run a vent to atmosphere dump valve, or whether you'll run one at all? If the latter, you need to run one to avoid compressor stall, but you can run a recirculating one to minimise the noise. That said, unless you run the car with an airbox that has good attenuation, you'll hear a re-circulating dump valve (even the cheapo standard VW item) pretty clearly.

You'll be hard pressed to hide the fact the car is turbo-charged, as you'll get pretty clear noises from the exhaust, and when the turbo is flowing hard, you'll hear it pulling the air in through the filter (unless you run a standard VW mk4 airbox, or similar).

As an aside, what radiator are you going to be running? If you plan to go on track, or simply give the car any kind of sustained grief, put at least a Corrado VR6 radiator in, if you haven't already done so.

unfortunatley it looks like my agu setup is different to yours with regards to that little pipe.

Havent got round to the alternator yet, do you know what that wire does????

cheers for the info on the wire for the temp guage, ill get on the case and find it, does it go into the wiring loom where all the sensors go to the ecu - but instead go towards the drivers side bulkhead???

Have you sorted a rev gauge signal convertor yet???

my project is gunna be on the back burner for around 2 weeks now as my friend who's garage we are using is away with work, im going to use this time to try and stockpile any remaining bits that we need.

Does any one know what potentiometer is required for the dash temp guage to get it to work accuratley?

Hi mate,

Haven't looked at the car for a couple of days now...going thru withdrawl I think!

The temp sensor wire runs towards the drivers side bulkhead and disappears behind the brake fluid res.

Still haven't got round to checking the fuel pipes :(

As for extra electronics, no ideas yet :scratch:

Are you going to run a dump valve at all?

Do you mean, run a vent to atmosphere dump valve, or whether you'll run one at all? If the latter, you need to run one to avoid compressor stall, but you can run a recirculating one to minimise the noise. That said, unless you run the car with an airbox that has good attenuation, you'll hear a re-circulating dump valve (even the cheapo standard VW item) pretty clearly.

You'll be hard pressed to hide the fact the car is turbo-charged, as you'll get pretty clear noises from the exhaust, and when the turbo is flowing hard, you'll hear it pulling the air in through the filter (unless you run a standard VW mk4 airbox, or similar).

As an aside, what radiator are you going to be running? If you plan to go on track, or simply give the car any kind of sustained grief, put at least a Corrado VR6 radiator in, if you haven't already done so.

I was hoping not to run one at all, most old school turbo cars ive owned havent had one as standard and to be honest after fitting one ive noticed no improvement, ive fitted re-circ and atmospheric types to my renault 5 gt turbo running 25+psi but prefer it with out, im not into the tssssssssssssh noise every one seems to like. might try and plumb in the standard bosch unit, if necessary.

If Ben says you don't need one, that's the best confirmation you'll get - he's always been right when I've spoken to him. My mate didn't use one with the Qpeng kit on his Corrado.

Hi mate,

Fuel pipe colours:

Fuel feed = Black

Fuel return = blue

Not sure which is which on the fuel rail though?

Also are you sure the tacho wire on the C loom isn't the blue/green one?

Hi mate,

Fuel pipe colours:

Fuel feed = Black

Fuel return = blue

Not sure which is which on the fuel rail though?

Also are you sure the tacho wire on the C loom isn't the blue/green one?

Hey, cheers for the information. We are just following the wiring instructions from qpeng, it says that the white/purple is the tacho so we checked resistance from the white purple to the plug that connects to the instrument pannel and one of the connections is the white/purple.

have you done the fuel relay yet, we have got a red/yellow for that and have checked it opperates a relay but havent double checked its the right one, again we put faith in the instructions that qpeng sent with the kit.

I'm pretty sure, from memory, that the top pipe on the fuel rail is the return. It's the one that goes straight to the FPR and not via the injectors.

ok thats handy to know, any one got a pic ????

very nice mate!...... but in all honesty im not a great fan off the bonnet protector i dunno who agrees wit me u prob jus all think im bein gay but thts not my thing......rst of it lookin sweet tho! :)

very nice mate!...... but in all honesty im not a great fan off the bonnet protector i dunno who agrees wit me u prob jus all think im bein gay but thts not my thing......rst of it lookin sweet tho! :)

To be honest i rarely use it now after having issues with it damaging the paint underneath. Cheers for the kind comment!

I'm pretty sure, from memory, that the top pipe on the fuel rail is the return. It's the one that goes straight to the FPR and not via the injectors.

ok thats handy to know, any one got a pic ????

For the fuel rail the top rail is the fuel return. As denoted by the small arrow LOL just noticed it last night!

Olly. Just thought id let you know im back now mate and you can get back in my garage now and carry on doing your engine fit and the wiring when you feel like it. I think you have done a brilliant job so far. Keep up the good work. :notworthy: Looking forward to seeing how you finish the wiring off mate. :scratch: Nice