Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Correct spark plugs for 2.0 16v (9A) ?

Hi folks..

What spark plugs should I be getting for my 2.0 16v? Doing some reading around and GSF say they should be Bosch F6LTCR's - different to the ones that the 1.8 16v uses (F6DTC) - has anyone changed their plugs on a 2.0 16v and knows which ones they got?

I'm tempted to just go to VW to order all the stuff I need as I know i'll at least get the right bits!

When I got my KR tuned the guy binned the Bosch spark plugs and said they were generally poor quality and to stick to ngk. In saying that I've personally never had a problem with Bosch before but he would see a lot more cars than me.

I seem to remember Toad recommending super 4's for valvers, will ask him later...unless he sees this first

Reading around, all spark plug manufacturers seem to specify different plugs for the 1.8 and 2.0 16v! I've no idea why this is as I thought the engines were virtually the same.

Unless I hear otherwise though i'll be going for the ones I mentioned in the original post on Saturday!

I seem to remember Toad recommending super 4's for valvers, will ask him later...unless he sees this first

Mine seemed quite good in my 1.8 to be honest, a lot of people slate them, but I did 35k and they came out looking fine. Have since started using the bosch super yttriums which seem alright. I'll look on ETKA shortly for you to see what that says.

Just got to put my fajitas on....

Reading around, all spark plug manufacturers seem to specify different plugs for the 1.8 and 2.0 16v! I've no idea why this is as I thought the engines were virtually the same.

I bet the difference is something to do with the cat+emissions ,I got Beru plugs from avs car parts @£1.49 each my car seems happy with them, there wasnt much wrong with the bosch super3s they replaced after 22k though

Well I fitted the F6LTCR's today as I did a service on the car. Seems to be running fine with them so.. will see how I get on!