Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Big thanks to Greg at Southam Bodies

Just been to pick up my new front bumper from Greg at Southam Bodies. Great guy to deal with and would hearrtily recommend. Really chuffed, although I can imagine it might not be to everyones taste on here. All I need to do now is finish off the metal work and get it fixed and figure out where and how to mount the number plate :D :D

That looks very interesting! Has he joined the front/slam panel to the back of the bumper then?

The headlight apertures look pretty cool I reckon.

The number plate recess (along with a lot of the plastic in the rear of the bumper) was removed an an FK debadged grill cut down slightly and put in from the back. I've modified the bumper iron and removed some of the metal to let the air from this flow more freely (now I just have to finish my bit).

What headlight apertures :? ?

the bits either side of the grille?

Ah, the foglight and indicator holes :D

D'oh. Never mind we all have days like that :lol: :lol: . Just been out cleaning and sanding the metalwork for this as well. Hopefully get it sprayed up this weekend :clap:

Ooh that looks pretty tidy! Gonna be interesting to see what that looks like when you get it all mounted up 8)

Only question though... what are you going to do about number plates? :?

Only question though... what are you going to do about number plates? :?

Was talking with Greg about that - bracket, small plate and mount it just underneath the grill. The wait 'til I get pulled over :lol: :lol: before figuring something else out....

Hehe.. very cunning indeed :) Nice idea using a grille like that.

Mind if I ask how much he charged for painting a bumper? He's really local to me and i'd like to get some bodywork done eventually - its a no brainer that I should use him for any work I get done but not sure how he fayres price wise!

Cheers.

Hehe.. very cunning indeed :) Nice idea using a grille like that.

Mind if I ask how much he charged for painting a bumper? He's really local to me and i'd like to get some bodywork done eventually - its a no brainer that I should use him for any work I get done but not sure how he fayres price wise!

Cheers.

Thanks Jim :D :D I'm afraid i was bound to secrecy when it comes to pricing. I will say this though - he is very reasonable, especially if you don't need it back asap (I left mine wih him for 3 weeks), and the quality of the work is exceptional.

Looks like a really nice job..

When my car gets a respray it will be going to Mr Howell, his work is simply brilliant...

I'm afraid i was bound to secrecy when it comes to pricing. I will say this though - he is very reasonable, especially if you don't need it back asap

Cool. Worth bearing in mind. I'll have to pop by for a chat and a bit of a think about what to do with sorting out the bodywork on mine! Cheers mate :)