Sign in to follow this  
krisb

Corrado VR6 with no spark

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a problem i have with my VR Corrado.

I got a corrado but it needed the engine replacing due to the previous owner neglecting it. The raddo in question is an M reg ODB2 engined motor

I sourced a good low mileage engine and fitted it in to the raddo. It turns over great. but wont start

The only problem i have now is it wont spark.

There is a live to the coilpack when the ignition is turned on and the earth is good as well.

I have tried some plug leads and different plugs.

I have swapped all the relays and checked fuses

We have swapped the cam shaft sensor and crankshaft sensor.

I have plugged in the Vag com 1552 and no errors are showing.

I have checked all the wires are plugged in ok.

I have even tried an earth lead from the gearbox to the battery just in case but that doesnt help

I'm getting to my wits end now and have almost lost all my hair (i didnt have a lot to start with)

I have the ECU, key and transponder fron them replacement motor which i am thinking of trying next.

Has anyone had this problem before? Please Please help, even beers are on offer for anyone that can fix this dilemma.

cheers in aticipation

All Corrado VR's were OBD 1.

Sounds like you have covered most things but have you tried a new ignition switch???

Re. the imob, the engine should start but then cut out after a second or two if the ECU is not seeing the reader coil but if you using the original CP ecu then should be fine... maybe worth trying the other one tho as it's available!

thanks for the reply,

thought some corrado's were odb2? this one has the ring round the ignition switch for the coded key and the transponder is under the dash. bizarre :lol:

looks like the other ecu, transponder and key is a good option :D

I will see if i can find another ignition switch to try, could it be the switch even if the car turns over fine?

many thanks

kris

The Corrados were OBD1, though they had OBD2-style diags connectors, and OBD2-style MAF. Do you think you have a duff coil pack??