Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Fiat 500 fans

I noticed in the shops today that there is a Fiat 500 on the front cover of max power, i think its been done by a tuning company, so might be worth a look. I didnt get to have much of a gander myself, but might pop out and buy it later.

My ears are burning....

Don't think i'd go near Max Power - but i'm still a fan of the Fiat 500 :)

I just caught a peek of the front cover and spotted it, might be worth flicking thru next time you're around HMV.

Is there anymore news on the Abarth model? I've heard rumours of a 150BHP and a 180BHP SS version, which would be entertaining in a car that size!

Well, in my current comedy job as a Scooterman :grin:, I drove one of these tonight! It belonged to the partner of famous director Michael Winterbottom (24hr Party People) but he was the one that I was driving home, not that I'm name dropping or anything! :camp:

I didn't get the chance to take it in that much, as the job requires you just get on with loading up into the car and get driving. However, it does look good, the interior is basic but usefully functional, much more like the older generation of cars its meant to hark back to. It does feel like a budget car but mostly in a good way - the steering wheel was just too plasticky for me though! The car is tall for its size and you sit tall in it and the dash, which I'm sure anyone who's interested has already seen pics of, is cool too! I was only in it for about 25 minutes but it was pretty comfortable, to a point... I say that because to actually drive it was a little disappointing and the reasons for that are really put across pretty well in Clarkson's review of it which i've quoted below. It could really do with a bigger engine - it didn't feel like 69 bhp - and you really want to live somewhere without speed bumps as the hard suspension doesnt get on well with those at all :)

The looks are so wonderful, in fact, that you probably won

Haha, that scooterMAN business is a GREAT idea, and I expect a good fun job to do too.

it is quite fun as long as its not raining!! pay is pretty crappy but thats not really why i was doing it - more just for interest of driving a load of different cars and to put off getting a real job for a bit longer!

I emailed them for a franchise pack earlier, I can see it working down here as its very sparcely populated so taxis can be a pain in the ass!

yeah, i reckon it could work in a lot of areas but if you have a main town to focus on that would be better as getting consistency of work is the key to it really.. not sure how painful their franchise terms are though.. and their minimum charge in london is £25 so whether that carries over out in the rest of the country i don't know..