Sign in to follow this  
h51mon

The Great For Sale Debate....

Just a quick post on the subject of Carrado sales.A bit mistified as to why even though they were pretty much the flagship performance Coupe for VW how the sales suffer.

What I mean by this I have only ever owned two ,the first being a K reg 92 VR6 back in 97 .Loved the car ,but when the time came to sell struggled big time even though it was mint.

Since then have driven mk2 gti's also loved them but the demand for them is crazy ,the last one being a run out 8v j reg had over 35 calls in two weeks and it wasn't advertised cheaply.

So last year when I bought my current VR6 looked for a good one little ownership and full vag history .Time has come to sell and not one call.So not sure if I have overpriced(maybe the value has massively dropped in the last 12 months) or fuel prices and road tax come into it.

Be interested to hear other peoples view on this one as performance and drive wise has to be the best car I've owned and add to that the Future classic status.

Cheers folks let me know what you think..

There has been a bit of talk about this recently! The price of Vr6's seems to have dropped a lot...there also seems to be loads of them for sale at the moment. So that wont help when selling. Valvers seem to have hit their low point and prices seem to be staying pretty level (if not increasing very slightly) over the last year.

It might be worth you having a read through this thread mate :)

Cheers Mate.Seems I'm not the only one.Long thread so will read later thanks.

I think petrol would be the main problem, and the fear of furher increases. Someone could buy a VR6 now, then the price of petrol prises by say, another 20p, and they'll REALLY struggle when they come to sell it.

There is a mint mk4 R32 over on E38, but its just not moving, TDI's however are holding their value amazing well. A mate of mine bought a lupo tdi 2yrs ago and has sold it for not much less than the purchase price!