Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Is there a knack.......

:lol: Im quite a big lad too and i find the "frosby flop" works for me :grin: It is definately an art getting in a Corrado with any sort of decorum!

I usually find myself falling in and prising myself out, especially hard if some pen 15 has parked quite close, i find the door openings compared to seat position an unusual arrangement :scratch:

I expect it can only get worse when i lower it :wave:

hi

i get in left foot first and lower myself into the seat holding the windscreen pillar with my right hand,

to get out i sort of push off the sill with my right hand pushing my self out i hardly touch the bolster..

hi

i get in left foot first and lower myself into the seat holding the windscreen pillar with my right hand,

to get out i sort of push off the sill with my right hand pushing my self out i hardly touch the bolster..

This is the method i have been trialing of late, works a treat

hi

I'll second that. The orang outang manouver works every time without touching the bolster.

hi

This is the method i have been trialing of late, works a treat

i started doing it that way when i had a scirroco with bucket seats and harnesses you could lower yourself in the seat without doing yourself an injury on the edge of the seat , then after that i just kept doing it , it really works for me and saves the seat bolsters nicely :)

i hate parking next to a kerb that is the same height as the floor of lowered corrado, its feels like i'm just rolling out onto the pavement sometimes, then standing up :lol:

I always make sure i slide the seat right back before i get out and leave it there untill i get back in, Gives you so much more room to get in! Try it you`l be surprised :) Makes it a bit easier, Everybody who gets in the corrado says what a ball ache it is to get in :lol:

the seat doesnt go back enough for me to fit in!... o well its funny gettign out of such a small car...

Erm why not use seat covers and then just buy a replacement bolster, i think mine cost me £30 ish from vag parts for standard corrado leather ones... £30 to get in and out as easy as possible isnt alot to pay!