Sign in to follow this  
CiaranMk1

CiaranMk1's red rado

Hi All!!

Im a newbie here so go easy on me :)

This is my first corrado but Im not new to the VAG scene,,I had the joyful experience of trying to run a mk1 golf as a daily for a year before this car,not very practical but brilliant fun to drive! :D

I have the car about a month now but am limited to where I can drive it, Irish cops don't take too nicely to english reg plates!

As you can see, the car is pretty much standard at the moment,,once funds allow, the car will be getting a healthy drop but for the moment at least, I am just going to get the car on irish plates and enjoy driving the car!

Since I have my final year of college ahead of me,,there will be no drastic overhaul of the car just yet!!I want to get the mods done as cheaply as possible so any ideas and pointers, please feel free to throw them at me!

(Excuse the poop pictures,,never ask your brother to take pictures of the car!!)

Comments and criticism welcome!!

I have the car about a month now but am limited to where I can drive it, Irish cops don't take too nicely to english reg plates!

so for the un-initiated mooks like me, what's the problem with english plates? after all the English law enforcement bods don't seem to give two hoots about the number of foreign plated but UK based cars :cuckoo:

They have really clamped down on foreign registered cars being driven by Irish residents. They have quiet a few checkpoints set up just to catch these foreign regs, and will either impound the car on the spot or make sure you have it down at the local vrt office to pay the registration tax on it the next day.

It's all probably because the Irish gov charge a massive (and technically illegal) tax on imported cars. So to bring a valver into Ireland will cost about

They have really clamped down on foreign registered cars being driven by Irish residents. They have quiet a few checkpoints set up just to catch these foreign regs, and will either impound the car on the spot or make sure you have it down at the local vrt office to pay the registration tax on it the next day.

It's all probably because the Irish gov charge a massive (and technically illegal) tax on imported cars. So to bring a valver into Ireland will cost about

Welcome to Rad ownership Ciaran.. great to see another one here in Ireland, 'm on my second now and loving it as much as ever :clap: