Sign in to follow this  
.A.N.T.

New stereo in. Car won't start...

Spent a couple of hours last night fitting one of the Pioneer DEH-88P's with an ipod adaptor in and now the damn car won't start!!

There was a fair bit of excess wiring behind there that I removed, though none of it was 'unknown'. I traced all of it back to the source and most was unused speaker wire as everything is now amped. Stereo's in and working fine but now the car won't start. Turns over fast, there's sparks at the plugs and a smell of petrol after a while. Can't work out why it won't start. The only thing I can think of is that something on the alarm got dislodged and now it's not removing one of the immobiliser circuits. (Though I'm not sure if it was ever imobilised anyway as you could start the car even with the alarm going off...)

Going to pull everything out tonight and see if there's anything obvious loose behind there. Just seems coincidental that it stops working now after I've been playing around by the alarm brain...

88P though seems like a nice stereo!!

As a fall back option, does anyone know any mobile alarm fitters around the Dorking area??

Started this morning... Who knows what's up with it!!

Last night spent about 3 hours taking out everything I'd put in, checking the wiring looking over the engine bay making sure everything was as it should be, but it still wouldn't start. This morning thought I'd give it a go before I went to work and after 3-4 seconds it fired. It now restarts fine... :cuckoo:

I think I might have fixed something last night, but because I'd been trying to start it the engine was flooded so wouldn't fire. This morning it's dried out so it can now fire...

Didn't drive it to work as I'd rather it didn't start in my driveway than outside work!

No idea what was wrong with it though...