Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

Keeping it in the family.

Bought this for my Mum to replace her Volvo which blew up (cam belt went). :D

Just as a little run around until she can sort herself out and buy something proper.

316c_1.JPG

2fa9_1.JPG

I'm picking it up tomorrow morning. So my Mum now drives a Golf GTi :lol:

Oh. I thought this was going to be a thread about throwing it in your cousin, especially given your location ;)

Oh. I thought this was going to be a thread about throwing it in your cousin, especially given your location ;)

:lol: Hey, you have far more deviant potential than me! And I'm sure some/most of that potential has been lived up to at some point. But I do see how I good have chosen a better title. :lol:

the only thing she does nt like is it has no power steering , so i told her we will pump the tyres up a bit more , sorted :D

8v mate i find them a bit more torquey and she doesnt exactly rag it around with big revs :D , so the 8 v was more suited to her driving.

Just as a little run around until she can sort herself out and buy something proper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tell her mate she has something proper :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tell her mate she has something proper :D

Well, once she's had it for a while she will realise why I'm so obsessed with them! :D And then when she's bought a replacement it's going to my brother when he passes his test.

This mk3 is an 8v as well. Having owned a mk3 valver before I'd say the 8v engine was more suited to my Mum's driving style too. If it was for me it would be a valver though.... :D

Its a good engine that 8v, my old Ibiza had one in and it never let me down

Yeah, and if anything does go wrong they are a doddle to work on. I know a lot of people aren't keen on mk3s because of the styling and "lardyness" but I think they are really good. Every time I've needed a bargain car I know I can rely on I've always gone for a mk3. This'll be the fourth one.