Sign in to follow this  
Adz The Rat

Corrado In Redline This Month??

£3500 :shock: av they got diamonds on them or something?

A mate of mine has some Works 19in rims on his R32, they were on it when he bought and I believe they were nearly £4k without tyres :tongue:

I think the VW scene is often a bit very insulated from the rest of the show world when it comes to the cost of wheels. £3.5k for a set of wheels is only middle money really.

Here's a couple of more premium manufacturers I dug up with a few minute's googling :

http://www.forgiato.com/whelsindex.htm

http://www.billetwheel.com/wheels/customshop.htm

erm boyds custom wheels arent really a good example of a normal priced wheel!... $$$$$$!!!

i have a receipt for my TT comps from the previus owner of the golf who paid £470 a wheel from the dealers and when you add on decent tires your lookign at 2.5k for a set of what you can get for £500 now :( so i agree 3.5k isnt mega money for wheels but i always laugh when i see a set of wheels worth more than the car! :lol:

i think people are being conned :lol:

£1k for a wheel without a tyre!!!!!!!!!!! i bet the people who buy them also complain about petrol prices

A mate of mine is actually making a set of 11 inch wide for the rear and 8 inch for the front split billet wheels for his 1962 split screen camper, and i can quite easily see how a set of custom wheels like the boyd coddington ones would cost so much.

it's cost him about £150 per wheel just in materials so far (aircraft grade aluminium) and massive amounts of time to design, measure, set up and swap tooling, and a huge amount of the aluminium is wasted in the process (although scrap value is quite high at the moment)

I cant really see how some companies can charge so much for some of the cast wheels though.

There is a stunning G60 in this months issue (out today) with £3500 rims!!!

Is the owner a member on here??

He is indeed, his name is billinjah.

Convoyed upto cov meet with him, bally n a few others. He's from Milton Keynes.

That is 1 sweet rado..sound awsome too

Link to his thread: viewtopic.php?t=19290

im sorry but when you can get a set of compomotives for under a grand that have been known to do 26 stage miles without a tyre i know were my money would be .

Looking on their site, there was a Corrado in the February issue too. Nice to see the Corrado getting this sort of exposure still despite being a veritable old timer :)

Well done on the magazine feature billinjah :)