Sign in to follow this  
fla

wires to black temp sender (airon cars)

Could anyone tell me the the colours of the two wires going to the black temp sender in the thermo housing (you'll know if you've got aircon). I've got two connectors loose, dont know which one goes there :?

:(

just been out to get pics, but can't get to see the connectors as they all covered up with a plastic thing that i can't seem to get off now.

also just noticed my water level is 1cm below the min line on header tank :mad2: :bad-words:

i hope nothing is about to break :sad:

argh, did you ask me for photos, i must have forgot, i can go and get you some in a minute

No worries 3c. Better get checking for leaks if the level is low..

I assume that you have a black conector from the wiring loom with the two other temp sensors, and a black connector from the wiring loom by the starter motor?

The one from the starter motor goes to the black temp sensor, and the one from the loom with the other temp sensors goes to your inlet air temp sensor in the inlet manifold.

Toad, I'll have another check which connectors are where and post some pics - tbh over the weekend i was struggling to reposition the engine (just 2cm adrift :mad2: ) All done now just need to refit everything else.

If anyone needs this switch / sender I appear to have ordered the wrong one for mine and have a VR/Aircon black 2-pin sender available