Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Aircon? Been conned! (...help please)

Whatever happened to decency?

I bought a 'corrado' air con setup off some ebay ba$tard in April.

It took 6 weeks before he finally delivered it, after several weeks of him lying, saying it had been dispatched...

Anyway, I recieve it today, and the bloody thing is missing the complete loom/fuses (apart from the interior switches), the bracket for the compressor is cracked and the evaporator box looks to me like it's from a mk3 golf. Oh, and the undertray for the glovebox wasnt sent either.... despite me sending him a list of things to include.

Can someone please confirm that the parts I've been sent are actually from a corrado? I dont see any Diavia markings anywhere...

How hard is it to make up the loom - I'm guessing it's a nightmare. I've got pdf's off this forum showing the wiring, but it looks a bit daunting.

Anyone got one for sale (from a corrado with aircon!)

A word of warning, stay clear of 'fox-501', aka Rodney Stanford of Coningsby, Lincolnshire.

I don't have any hope of a refund, as he was breaking a corrado on ebay (..link here), and I sent him the money direct via paypal - my fault, I know. I should've gone up there myself to strip it out. It doesnt take 6 frigging weeks to remove the bloody kit.

Thanks..

they look about right, the compressor is a sanden one which is correct. The only thing on my car saying diavia is the plate on the front panel. Where in N London are you?

All the bits look right to me, both the evaporators i've got say mk3 Golf on them but both came out of Corrados, I know it's a bit of a trek but take all the bits to Keith in Chertsey (AC Engineering 01932 570333) and see what he says. He installed my kit about 6 months ago, best thing i've done to my car, use it everyday pretty much. I do actually have a spare loom and evaporator but want to keep them in case anything goes wrong with mine.

I've also got a spare one of those brackets, you don't need it though as the mountings for the compressor are there on all VR6s.

Let me know if you have any questions/need any pictures.

the broken part looks to be for the power steering pump, so you should be okay for the compressor.

All the bits look right to me, both the evaporators i've got say mk3 Golf on them but both came out of Corrados, I know it's a bit of a trek but take all the bits to Keith in Chertsey (AC Engineering 01932 570333) and see what he says. He installed my kit about 6 months ago, best thing i've done to my car, use it everyday pretty much. I do actually have a spare loom and evaporator but want to keep them in case anything goes wrong with mine.

Out of interst Rick what sort of cash did he charge you to fit?

Im going to do mine myself but i want to get some idea of how long it took someone who's reasonably handy to do it?.

I reckon a day with the dash out or thereabouts.

You don't need to take the dash out. He charged £450, i'm glad he did it though as I was going to do it myself but some little things needed changing that I didn't know about. That included wiring up the switches, altering the lower dash tray and gassing it all up. Quality guy can't recommend him enough.

Thanks Rick, I'll give Keith a call

I actually setup a dispute in Paypal over this, stating incomplete and damaged items, and the guy replied today. Hopefully he'll send the bits out.. no doubt he'll drag it out for another 6 weeks. He claims I didnt ask for the interior trim and wiring loom, all complete b0llocks, but hey ho..