Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

G60 Injectors

I have a question... if i'll go for a stage 2 upgrade..chip,68mm pulley can I use insted of the 3.5bar FPR the red injectors? Or if i'm changing the injectors have to change the FPR too?

What do you mean by a stage 2? Assuming it's a ported charger, you should be ok with the 68 and a chip.

If you do change the injectors there is no need to replace the FPR. SNS do a chip for reds at 3 BAR.

Gavin

HOW OLD IS THIS THREAD???????

When you make the charger work outside of its "comfort zone" by putting on a 65mm pulley, you not only halve the rebuild intervals but it puts lots of strain on an old and expensive component. Once you've done the obligatory 68mm pulley and chip mod, an alternative stratgy would be to do your best to get the boost pressure down. A boost gauge only measures unused boost which the engine cannot cope with so increasing pressure only results in more air “queuing up” to get into the engine. Things like flowed heads, ported downpipes, manifolds, cam etc will help the engine to make more power through using more efficiently, what boost there already is. I'd say stick with the greens and std FPR and make the engine work more efficiently as an air pump. Only upgrade the injectors when you need to.