Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

First experience of a Civic Type R

slow and noisey they drive like there quick and there not my grans gran drives round in a civic there for old ppl yeh u can turbo them but i can turbo my 9 a 2 and the new 1s ae even worse

slow and noisey they drive like there quick and there not my grans gran drives round in a civic there for old ppl yeh u can turbo them but i can turbo my 9 a 2 and the new 1s ae even worse

Kidz :cuckoo:

Kidz :cuckoo:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: The styling of the new Civic is a damn site more 'funky' and 'daring' than anything VW have ever done! Hardly an 'old person's' car :roll: It's not just a recent thing, either. Civic derivatives such as the CRX and the EG VTIs where hardly old people's cars either. And as for slow and noisy... my old 1.6 VTI used to beat pretty much everything up to 60mph, and yes, it was a 1.6! One of my friends had a standard G60 and got absolutely murdered by a CTR. Don't underestimate them. Honda engineering is pretty amazing, although not to everyone's taste.

You can indeed turbo a 9A, but boost for boost, the turboed VTEC will annihilate a turboed 9A, and that's a fact.

Civic TR turbos can make 400hp with around 9-10psi of boost. My VR6 needs 11-12psi to get that same 400 shetlands, and it's almost a 3 litre engine!

The reason for it is the VTEC head can flow huge amounts of air and can rev to 8500rpm. The combinantion of flow and revs is what gives it it's high specific output. Torque isn't all that though, even turboed, but the CTR is not a heavy car, so can get away with it.

I am actually considering turboing a DC5 Integra as my next project. Either that or a turboed R32 / Bora 4Mo. Can't make my mind up, although I'm swaying towards the benefits of 4WD at the moment.