Sign in to follow this  
lilfuzzer

Advice gearbox engine mount

Hi all, it seems like the gearbox engine mount has sheared. The engine can be pushed down on the drivers side with no resistance from that particular mount.

If the bolt has snapped I would assume a new mount is required?

And if so, would it be best to stick to standard or upgrade? :shrug:

All opinions would be greatful thanks

You'll need to get pics buddy. That is the triangular engine mount on the driver's side and it has 3 bolts that go vertically from engine bracket to mount, but then some more holding the bracket to the engine.

Depends where and if the bolt/s have snapped or whether the mount has given up.

More info required! :salute:

Sorry very vague.

There is the bracket that goes from the gearbox towards the rear of the car then seems to be attached by one bolt to what I can only think it the the gearbox carrier. It is that single nut that seems to have gone.

The mount on the engine side (next to the downpipe and the front looks fine apart from assuming taking extra stress).

G:\DCIM\111_1006\IMGP0217.JPG

If this pic has attached its the bolt in the centre of the picture. Sorry about poor quality my camera aint very good.

Thansk

Chris

You'll need to get pics buddy. That is the triangular engine mount on the driver's side and it has 3 bolts that go vertically from engine bracket to mount, but then some more holding the bracket to the engine.quote]

Its the opposite one to this one mate

Its the one on the passenger side with the single bolt hole as shown in your oics in this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=65658&p=807820&hilit=attaching+pictures#p807820

Thanks for the help

oh right, that is actuallt the gearbox mount.

apparently you can swap it out with the engine in place but i've never done it that way. Hopefully someone else will post something more helpful.

yeah, all my replacement parts are standard spec. The car is just so tired I want to see what new std parts a like before I even think about upgrading!

Plus there's always the cost issue.

Cheers bud gonna order a standard mount tomorrow and hopefully fitted monday, just glad I have fixed the caddy to take the duties of daily till then.

Thanks again for the info :thumb right: