Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

Audi Allroad (A6) Advice/Opinions

Hello all,

I am pretty sure my next car will be a Audi Allroad, the 2.5TDi Quattro.

It wont be new of course, I am looking at a 2001-2003 with about 50-100K miles on the clock. They go from anywhere between £6k to £10k depending on spec and mileage.

Just wondering if anyone on here has owned one or driven one. I expect someone on here has had a car with this engine in it..............any advice would be great guys.

Also before the slagging starts, I need 4 wheel drive, I live in the middle of no where and it will be used to pull a horse box, it will also be called upon to travel down forest roads (adjustable ride height important here), imagine a dirts track with grand canyon size holes in it and you get a fair idea of what I am talking about.

I was looking at the Allroad as I would rather die before I got a real 4x4.

Thanks.

my sister and brother in law have had one for a couple of years, one of the last of that last version made. I've never travelled in it but i think they're very happy - if theres anything specific u want to know then give me a shout and i could ask?

Both my boss and Dad have A6 Avants around that age and are pretty happy with them (dad's 1.8T is on 130K now) , although not allroads, well built and nice interior quality and touches. Starting to date a little now but as solid as any Audi.

Dad reckons the 2.5 TDIs are pretty good in the Passats he's driven and worked on (I think the audi has the same lump), although I don't think they're much more torquey than 130 1.9 TDI's just a bit more refined. I have heard conflicting comments about that engine though. One Allroad dad worked on had ceramic brakes at over a grand to replace but I think that was a top end petrol turbo. Some allroad bits can be difficult to source too.

I've heard from an Audi technician that the early ones can have problems with the fancy suspension. Probably just something to read up on. They might have done a recall or it could have been fixed under warranty.

Had a 2.5 tdi v6 A6 though not the allroad great pull not as good as the 2.5 5 cylinder older model the one I had needed new camshafts fitted due to the wrong oil being used very expensive.This happened before I bought it so not so bad! They are not really your classic 4x4 and 2.1 tonne rules out a lot of horse trailers if you are going to stay within the law .hope this helps