Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Magnex Exhaust - Now Closed

just so you know, i havent forgotten about this! i have an appointment to speak to the MD on monday so i'll let you know after that

Regards

Good man.

I can get you a 'VR6 DOHC' rocker cover plate if you want? I noticed a few laying about at my breakers today.....should have got you one whilst there but I didn't think as I was too busy checking out some Passats for a moonroof conversion!

K

mmm, moon roof... 8) If there's any spare, PM me and I may pop down next weekend and come and get one... :wink: :D

Henny and Jedi, I will do my best for you when I'm next at the breakers.

That place a is veritable gold mine!

K

UPDATE

Right just got off the phone with the MD of Discount AutoParts in Cambridge. He has contacted Magnex and this is the deal he can offer me.

Maxnex s/s exhaust, CAT back, Oval tail pipe.

£295 inc VAT and inc shipping in the UK

minimum order would be 10 units

If more than 10 people want to order then they can do the same price on the exhaust for 5 exhausts at a time (if that makes sense)

so the minimum would be 10 and then if more people were interested we would need to get 15, not 12 or 13 etc etc

The exhaust for the G60 and the VR6 are the same according to maxnex so there is no problem there. I would need to check again if people are definately interested in getting an exhaust for a vavler??!!

So what i need now is a list of those who are DEFINATELY interested and would buy this here and now, not "oh yeah im interested but i'll buy it next month".

Payment could be by your own Credit Card direct to the store and once they have all 10 (or 15 or 20 etc) then they would ship the orders out.

Please reply to this post if you are DEFINATELY interested

thanks

Nathan

(ps mods please make a sticky now this is going ahead)

Stickified.

So is the £295 to your door or do you have to pay for additional carriage from Discount Auto-parts to your door?

i did check this and he confirmed

" the normal £10 for carriage would be knocked off for this group buy so the £295 includes UK delivery to your door"

of course i would have to check the price for delivery to the Isle of Man, is it classed as UK mainland?

****edit****

sorry i just changed the wording above to now read

inc shipping IN the uk, not TO the uk. hope that makes more sense

For most things the delivery charge is the same. Some Companies I have dealt with have tried to use it as an excuse to charge a bit more on top though.

I'll check my funds and let you know if I'm a definite. If I do go for one, they could maybe cut the IOM delivery cost by sending mine and Phil's to one address. Just a thought :)

(Thanks for arranging this Jedi btw))

The exhaust for the G60 and the VR6 are the same according to maxnex so there is no problem there. I would need to check again if people are definately interested in getting an exhaust for a vavler??!!

)

although they are near enough the same they can use different fixings/fittings......hook or bar type which is chassis number dependent

other than that seem like a good deal you've obtained there.......seen the fit and finish on a friend's old C VR6 and was very impressed

yeah i thought it was pretty good. depends what people want really??

i can ask them for a digram of each exhaust (can they do that???) so people know where the hooks and joins are.

Nathan

Nice work Nathan!

£295 seems like an excellent price for the Magnex system.

yeah i thought it was pretty good. depends what people want really??

i can ask them for a digram of each exhaust (can they do that???) so people know where the hooks and joins are.

Nathan

just ask them "in what way are they fixed/fitted"......hook type or bar type fixing?.....its just that milltek do both and both G60 and VR6 systems are identical save for the way they fix/fit to the car....with some late G60's using the bar-type IIRC :wink:

Count me in, I will have one. Does the exhaust also come with all the fitting kit - rubbers etc or do you rely on the exhaust fitter to do that?

Cheers

Ady

Count me in, I will have one. Does the exhaust also come with all the fitting kit - rubbers etc or do you rely on the exhaust fitter to do that?

Cheers

Ady

All the rubbers other than the rear hanger assembly can be supplied by the fitter as they're a standard type and cost pennies each, but the rear rubber is part of the hanger assembly and it's VAG only. No need to touch that though unless the rubber has snapped.

Oh and I'm up for the Magnex also. I can send £295 notes to the supplier with my card. Let me know.....

K

i am very intersted in a magnex exhaust group buy, please reply with prices

Combine VR6

prices and info is on page 2

Oh and I'm up for the Magnex also. I can send £295 notes to the supplier with my card. Let me know.....

cool but not just yet kev, need to get 10 first.

regards

i just took my friends corrado vr6 out, he already has this magnex system fitted. It looks great (it has no magnex badges on at all, it comes with a sticker you can put on if you wish) and it sounds great, from in the car you can hardly hear it but with the window down you can hear it growl at you over 3-4k rpm. :D :D

cant wait now

Just got off the phone with another company based cambridge area.

They will do the exhaust for £290 inc VAT and shipping... only £5 cheaper but its still cheaper.

again they can take payment from individuals by phone and ship them out when we have 10 buyers.

however i have only had 4 people from the original list say they are DEFINATE about buying. 2 have already said a definite NO.

Regards

looking less likely that this is gonna go ahead now :(

4 have said YES

3 have said NO

only leave 5 to reply and even if they all say YES thats still only 9

£290 is a good price IMHO is it not??