Sign in to follow this  
JR Ewing

G60 Running Problems

Right, I finished my mk1 g60 conversion a couple of weeks ago, Got it all on the road and working pretty damn well. I have done about 500 or so miles in it, a lot of those being quite long distance trips.

Got caught out in the rain in it the other day, it started coughing and spluttering at low revs, if I buried the throttle, it would still splutter with nearly no power, then all of a sudden pick up and hit high revs easily, running how it did when i first finished it.

I thought this problem was just down to everything being wet as it was a heavy downpour I got caught in.

Didn't use it all weekend, I assumed it would have dried out and would run fine again, It started and ran perfectly for 2 or 3 minutes until i was down the road and then it started to run really badly again.

I managed to limp home, but I haven't managed to track down the problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

I had a similar problem in my G60 'rado which turned out to be the knock sensor.

I havent tried swapping the knock sensor in my mk1 yet, but unplugging in makes no difference.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If its running ok for a few minutes then going lumpy, i'd suggest checking out the Lambda Probe or wiring to it.....

when i first ran it, it had no probe and ran fine, obviously just sitting in my garage under no load,It was a brand new probe, but i shall give it a look

The only thing that really controls fueling that much is the lambda as Jim said, that coupled with the its running ok for a short while whilst the lambda gets up to operating temperature seems to confirm this.