Sign in to follow this  
ninoG60

G60 Chip identification

Has anyone seeen or heard of this company?

I got a good mate to prise open my ECU as I didnt fancy it and we discovered i have a BBR chip, which i thought was brodie britain racing ( think they did turbos for mx5s back in the 90s)

So my question is , has anyone else got one and if so is the BBR company im talking about?

i cant upload the pic as it says it has to be 800 pixels wide or summat so ill just tell you whats witten on it

BK28 , G60 PH1, (6636MN1) BBR '98, 17.04.98 VW

I think it's the company you mention...used to be GTI Engineering and was bought out by Dave Brodie...

..or it could be Brian Ricketts who used to work for GTI Engineering and setup a company called BRM

I have heard there chips are much better than SNS but never tried one, I think Jay Renshaw used to run his G60 on a BBR

If it is that compnay, they were wicked in the 80s and 90s ( old git me) remember them doing starions and cossies .

It does run pretty good tbh and its pretty pokey 8)

I think it's the company you mention...used to be GTI Engineering and was bought out by Dave Brodie...

..or it could be Brian Ricketts who used to work for GTI Engineering and setup a company called BRM

I have heard there chips are much better than SNS but never tried one, I think Jay Renshaw used to run his G60 on a BBR

i believe Jay Renshaws car became a 24v v6, so where did his old engine and ECU go? Is it the one thats sat in my car>?

Probably not but just thought Id ask, cos my engine came out of a corrado G60 that had a rear end shunt , I know its a long shot butmaybe that engine ended up in another rado and then it was written off and I got hold of it.

Off topic , but is there any way of linking a certain engine number to a car and finding out the reg number? just curious as to where my G60 lump came from,.

Cheers

:)

Im pretty sure Jay Renshaws G60 ended up in a K reg black rado (think it was a 16v conversion) i