Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

is my car late or early spec???

sorry if it sounds like such a dumb question, but my VR6 is a 93 K reg and i often get confused wether that is early or late spec? i mean it has a late spec interior but the rear corrado badge is colour coded not silver which i though was an early spec thing?? its just a bit confusing when it comes to buying parts sometimes so any help appreciated!

I'd put money on it being a late spec, and a previous owner once put a rear early badge on? Lot easier than swapping out interiors!

That said, Mine's an H and has an all-black interior. Interesting...

It'll be a late spec mate, all VR6's were (allthough some very early VR6's had the early interior)

sorry if it sounds like such a dumb question, but my VR6 is a 93 J reg and i often get confused wether that is early or late spec? i mean it has a late spec interior but the rear corrado badge is colour coded not silver which i though was an early spec thing?? its just a bit confusing when it comes to buying parts sometimes so any help appreciated!

chrome Corrado badge from memory was later than the facelift,if you have the rotary heater conrols you'll have late spec interior,also 93 will be K or L plate unless you have a J-reg p/p

mechanically tho you'll either have dizzy or coilpack

Yeah, you can pretty much take it for granted than all VR's are late spec. There are some of the very early ones, as has been said, that got the early style interior.

However, based on the above, there are still some differences though and not particularly down to an issue of 'early' or 'late'. For example, later on in 1993, the cars started getting coilpacks rather than distributors and, later still, the cars started to get immobilisers from the factory.

So, in summary, there is no strict definition of early or late, as far as complete VR's go, but there are enhancements that VW made during the course of production.

It would appear that Rado's are all over the shop when it comes to early/late. There are early spec VR's, late spec G60's, and something that i've always found odd is that the production of the scirocco and rado overlapped by a year or two.

Luckily everything on mine is early spec, so there is no confusion

Yep, as said above, it will be late spec, although there are a handful of J-reg VR6s with early interiors. The rear badges were colour-coded until late '93/early '94 IIRC.

cheers guys, so for buying things like fog lights i want late spec ones then???

Yep, all parts for your car are for a late model