Sign in to follow this  
markuskj

Newbie questions with a twist: Sunroof, horn, MFA

Hello there,

Just became a Corrado vr6 owner after many many years of wanting to be.

I have a 1994 Red VR6 and have searched the forum but as each issue has a weird nuance I wanted to post here to see what I have missed.

The Sunroof

This worked until Sunday when I washed the car for the first time since I bought her. I did wipe the roof and I guess moved a connection in the control area as it worked fine until then. I don't yet have a manual so am looking for advice how I get the control unit off for an inspection.

The horn

Another recent problem. The steering wheel was pretty ragged so I bought this one (link to eBay) not really appreciating that it was a little different. There is no horn sound now so I wanted to check if the fact it is a little different changes anything?

MFA

This is the strangest of all (at least to me). The MFA was working perfectly until we changed the steering wheel and now it dies not store the time. The clock resets every time I start her up so it reads like it is midnight every journey. I cannot see how but is the horn system somehow connected to the MFA? I did notice that the fuse box cover is missing and worry that a fuse got wet - is the MFA memory separately fused?

As i say thgese are probably well answered before so please feel to redirect me to the right posts if you know them.

Cheers

Mark :confused4:

Hi mate, the wheel you bought is from a late 16v, but no reason why the horn shouldnt work. I'd whip the front of it off, check your connections, and make sure the contacts inside are all clean.

Other than that, use the search, as you'll probaby find most of your questions have been answered before.

"I did wipe the roof and I guess moved a connection in the control area as it worked fine until then"

Wiped from the outside? Doubt you would have disturbed anything there. (Assuming the roof was closed!)

I'd start pulling fuses individually and checking them. Check for moisture in the fusebox too, as you may have blocked sunroof drain channels, (these run down the A-Pillar and through to the wheel arches) and when you washed the car, it may have caused all these problems by soaking the fusebox.

HTH and good luck!

May thanks for that. Horn was something silly - all sorted now.

Quick one re the roof, does it share the same fuse with the interior light?

May thanks for that. Horn was something silly - all sorted now.

Quick one re the roof, does it share the same fuse with the interior light?

Fuse No.4 Rear Wiper/Sunroof 15Amp

Fuse No.21 Interior Light, Boot Light, Make Up Mirror Light :camp: Central Locking, MFA. 15Amp.

HTH