Sign in to follow this  
GAZ666

What paint code is my car - pls help

I'm not sure if its candy white or alpine white.. its a 1990 but it was imported from new zealand if it makes any difference...

a410_1739.jpg

If it's an 88-92 then it'll be Alpine, if it's an 93-96 it'll be a candy, so as it's a 1990 it'll be Alpine white.

More to the point, why the hell did someone import a rado from NZ? :eek: As far as I can remember, there was only 13 Corrados in the whole country, it seems crazy to bring one over here where there were originaly 9000 from a country where they're so rare (and worth more?) :scratch:

Off the top of my head Alpine white is L90E paint code which is the white used on corrados until 1992 when it changed to candy white paint code LB9A

Hope that helps Marc

I found a great way to work out my paint code the other day, I asked my local dealer :)

Rather than just manually work out what parts go with my car, as per the norm, they actually decided to look the car up on the computer. All sorts of useless information, including the day it left the factory, but it also included verification of it's last official VW service and the original paint code.

That is interesting, we only had 13 imported and are trying to find where they all are... we're not use to VW's heading back to the UK!

Miind you it'll be rust free...no salt on these roads :)