Sign in to follow this  
f15h

I now understand!!

Having driven my corrado for the first time in rain since buying it i now feel your pain!!

After reading about uprating the loom on the headlights i was expecting the lights to be crap - I actually find them better than the lights on my clio so wont be rushing to do the loom just yet. I thought that this may be the case with the wipers, that I would be able to cope as they weren't too bad - that has all changed.

I think i shall be doing this mod asap, really cant believe how bad they are even at low speeds. After doing a bit of reading through the wiper threads on here I will now be getting some of the lupo or aero wipers.

Is there anything else like this that I will need to look out for - throttle sticking open, brakes failin etc lol

The audi TT wipers are better looking IMO, basically the same as lupo opes but a slightly improved arm and blade fitting.

Don't just fit retro-fit aero wipers to the old Corrado arms, it won't make them any better, it's the old arms that are the main problem, the springs that hold them to the glass get weak with age.

After reading about uprating the loom on the headlights i was expecting the lights to be crap - I actually find them better than the lights on my clio

Yeah but the clio is the only car i have driven that had crapper headlights than the corrado and mk1 golf they where just as bad as the old mini headlights :lol:

it is really worth doing, unless yours have been done allready by the previous owner?

Make sure you change the arms as well as the blades, for either lupo or audi tt ones, its not the blades that are the problem, its because VW thought they would save a bit of cash by using the same wiper arms as the passat,

unfortunately the passat had a more upright windscreen so the pivot on the wiper arms was bent back a bit more so was under constant tension by the spring, but as the corrado screen is more swept back the wiper arms actually sit on the stops and dont put any spring pressure on the screen. you can usually get away with grinding a bit off the stops so it lets the arm pivot down more and then just get the retro fit aero blades to the original arms.

The wiper conversion is a must... headlight loom upgrade is good but make sure you get a decent one, a friend bought one off e-bay and the quality was poor, the box with relays or whatever they are seemed designed to take on water as opposed to keeping it out...

Sunroof could do with some grease in the runners too..

I think the sunroof installer at Karmann was allergic to grease as the sunroofs have none and tend to jam when full opening, taking a health dose of paint with them when they do...

used my headlights for the first time last night as well....was also pleasantly surprised coming from a Lotus Elise which had headlights like two candles

rear calipers do tend to cease, unless you get later golf ones

I've got an 95 Storm, will I be lucky enough to have the golf calipers or is this another item to add to the shopping/wish list?

After reading about uprating the loom on the headlights i was expecting the lights to be crap - I actually find them better than the lights on my clio

Yeah but the clio is the only car i have driven that had crapper headlights than the corrado and mk1 golf they where just as bad as the old mini headlights :lol:

it is really worth doing, unless yours have been done allready by the previous owner?.

The clio lights are pap to make matter worse ive got some angel eyes fitted which makes it even worse - I can relate to the candles comment thats for sure!

Dont think the previuos owner uprated them, he was my cousin and he had it for around 9yrs - don't remember him saying bout it in that time. Is it an easy thing to sort, my Dad's a bit of a sparky so could ask him nicely to have a look at doing it lol?

The wiper conversion is a must... headlight loom upgrade is good but make sure you get a decent one, a friend bought one off e-bay and the quality was poor, the box with relays or whatever they are seemed designed to take on water as opposed to keeping it out...

Sunroof could do with some grease in the runners too..

I think the sunroof installer at Karmann was allergic to grease as the sunroofs have none and tend to jam when full opening, taking a health dose of paint with them when they do...

TT arms it is then - my local Audi stealer will be gettin a call next week.

The sunroof is getting tempermental i defo agree with that statement - saw a pic of the a raddo with the paint damage. Was not pretty!