Sign in to follow this  
jamminvr6storm

3.68 Final Drive - VR6

I have just purchased an Autotech LSD and will be changing the final drive whilst having my gearbox refurbished.

For those of you have already done this, what box did you get the final drive from?

I have seen in the wikki there are a few boxes that use 3.68 FD but they are all either G60 (1.8 ) or 2.0 16v.

My concern is that although they are all 02A, I am being told when I go to order one that the main shaft size is different and if it arrives and doesnt fit there are no come backs!!

So, what box code / part number have other people used when doing this conversion? I have a CHN box in my VR6.

Also, do you just order the FD or are there other parts I need also......??

Any help is much appreciated :)

G60 mate and yes, you need the matching driveshaft so that the teeth mesh properly.

Vince at Stealth usually has a load of final drives kicking around mate..... give him a ring.

Incorporate a full build aswell, trust me, it really is worth the extra outlay.

I personally replace all syncrhos and all bearings. Most folk change particular bearings and only 1st /2nd synchos, but it's worth noting that 1st/2nd are 3 piece and expensive. 3rd, 4th and 5th rings are much cheaper.

Thanks Kev..... Spot on!

I have spoken to Vince (well, his helper) and they don have any but I hear you have some plans a foot :smug:

Ive PM'd you mate.