Sign in to follow this  
ANTIHERO

chargecooler or intercooler on Vr6 Supercharged

i think space is going to be the issue , was looking around the bay and its pretty tight , was thinking about hooking a 4ltr tank in the boot and running the water back down the car and then back again to cool it down?

Except you've put the tank on the wrong side :D

needs to go on the pass side to even the weight balance..... but I'm picky like that :D

you would be best to use the washer jet tank or use a smaller tank between the battery and headlight, the washer jet tank would be the prefered to save weight and space.

If you have it in the boot air will likely get in the system making for poor cooling, it is best to have the tank at the highest point.

Doh too slow at typing!!!

That looks like a sweet boot set up but I would have thought for the weight gain of all that pipework and extra tank the washer tank would have been a better option? are there any benefits of having this set up other than wow factor when opening the boot?

needs to go on the pass side to even the weight balance..... but I'm picky like that :D

Kev how you work that out, got the battery & Exhaust the other side :?

you would be best to use the washer jet tank or use a smaller tank between the battery and headlight, the washer jet tank would be the prefered to save weight and space.

If you have it in the boot air will likely get in the system making for poor cooling, it is best to have the tank at the highest point.

Doh too slow at typing!!!

That looks like a sweet boot set up but I would have thought for the weight gain of all that pipework and extra tank the washer tank would have been a better option? are there any benefits of having this set up other than wow factor when opening the boot?

the washer tank is replaced with the chargecooler, there no room for cooler and water tank :?

house 051.JPG[/attachment:2ak2dltg]

yeah i heard that running it in the boot was better as it took a long time to circulate and better cooling than if the tank was in engine bay.They reckon 3-5litres tank for optimal cooling...

i was looking to put it in the spare wheel compartment hidden away under the floor

did you run the pipes in the car or outside?

yeah i heard that running it in the boot was better as it took a long time to circulate and better cooling than if the tank was in engine bay.They reckon 3-5litres tank for optimal cooling...

i was looking to put it in the spare wheel compartment hidden away under the floor

did you run the pipes in the car or outside?

Under the car , this system has been well thought out , Schimmel know a thing or two about keeping a VRT cool 8)

thinking about the pwr cooler set up , with a tank in the boot.....set up will cost about 550 for everything,.(thats using a smaller chargecooler )

need to handle about 300-350 bhp

Have you felt how heavy that tank + pump is with 3 gallons of water in it?

Your battery in relation to that is nothing, especially as it's a little 15lb Braille!

And only the back box is on the passenger side and isn't very heavy. The rest is down the middle of the car.

As I say, it's just my own pickiness, not the end of the world :D

the washer tank is replaced with the chargecooler, there no room for cooler and water tank :?

have you added an additional washer tank? or just pull over every now and then with some windowlene :D

Have you felt how heavy that tank + pump is with 3 gallons of water in it?

Your battery in relation to that is nothing, especially as it's a little 15lb Braille!

And only the back box is on the passenger side and isn't very heavy. The rest is down the middle of the car.

As I say, it's just my own pickiness, not the end of the world :D

OK kev, my battery is 21lb and there my bass box & speaker :grin:

have you added an additional washer tank? or just pull over every now and then with some windowlene :D

Don't need washer tank :lol:

well i need a tank for the water injection so going to use the windscreen washer tank for that , need something bigger anyway for the chargecooler set up....

My screen wash tank is in the boot. Takes a bit of time to get to the front, but it's better than nothing! I have daily driving to consider :wink:

could you run t piece off the pipework for the water injection and still be able to use your windscreen washer bottle in the front for water injection + window cleaning?

My window is never really that dirty....