Sign in to follow this  
16vgt

ebay question..

its a silly question but im new to all of this stuff..

if a seller has something for auction and the bidder hasnt met his reserve price, does the seller still have to sell at the end of the auction? or due to the fact he hasnt got his reserved price, he doesnt have to sell it?

it says if you click on reserve not met or bidding conditions.

but your answer is: no the seller does not have to sell the item if the reserve is not met! :wink:

i thought so- but i wanted to make sure as im prob gonna put my car on there-but obviously dont wanna sell it if i only get like£50

Note that the cost of listing the auction depends on the "minimum selling price", so for example if you set a

starting price of £10 and no reserve, you pay the £10 listing fee, but if you set a starting price of £10 and reserve of £1000 you pay the £1000 listing fee, plus the 75p for it being a reserve auction. Oh, plus the final price fees too. (How could I forget that?!)

It's no wonder ebay are turning over HUGE profits every single day is it?!

They do nothing, you pay. You sell your stuff, you pay. You don't sell your stuff, you pay.

And we don't wanna get into ebay's privacy regulations (something along the lines of "you have none"). If anyone official sounding rings them up they will happily fax your entire buying/selling history to *anyone*.

That said, I use ebay a lot. Just helps to be aware of the facts surrounding it all, I think.