Sign in to follow this  
PRANA666

Added Value

Hi,

This may be a silly question to ask.......

Roughly how much value does having the super charger rebuilt with a standard rebuild add to a G60? Obviously it will differ from car to car. Standard Corrado G60 completly orignal no mods.

People's opinions appreciated.

I don't think that it will add that much value to the car, what it will add is peace of mind to the buyer. It will give your car the edge over those that don't snd make the car more sellable.

It definitely adds the same if not more value than the £350 it costs to have it done. I'd always recommend having the charger serviced before selling if it hasn't been done recently, as you'll find that people will either just be totally put off buying or they'll want to pay a rock bottom price for the car based on the fact that the charger is a time bomb. It also gives the impression that the car has been looked after and the seller knows what he's got, there's nothing worse than going to look at a G60 for the owner to not even know where the charger is let alone that it should be serviced regularly and treated with kid gloves until the oil warms up etc etc

Thanks guys,

I bought my G60 so i could admire her rather than drive her. The old man had been driving her but she has been locked in a garage for months. Charger is out as I have decided to change water pump and timing belt, hence posing the question. Dont know if I am going to sell her or keep her, as I think she should go to a home that is not under a sheet in my garage.

She is a lovely example of an original Corrado, but doesn't get to see day light as rarely driven.

Basically its whatever you want for the car minus a rebuild cost, thats what a buyer will want to bargain off the asking price.

Basically its whatever you want for the car minus a rebuild cost, thats what a buyer will want to bargain off the asking price.

Not in my experience

- at least £5-600 I'd say as you don't know if the charger is serviceable... deffo rebuild before selling if history is unknown, it's routine servicing at the end of the day and not a huge amount of money on the scale of things.

I'll be calling G-WERKS in the morning to arrange the rebuild.

I picked up a water pump from VW over the weekend and also purchased an INA timing belt kit from GSF. They said it was a genuine OEM part. I am thinking I might take the timing kit back to GSF and purchase a VW one instead?

The difference in price is INA kit £23, the VW timing belt £14 plus tensioner £25. For an extra £17 I can get VW parts. What would you recommend I do?

INA is a good make but VW also sell a kit including belt, tensioner, nut and washer - last time I bought a G60 one it was less than £25