Sign in to follow this  
oilman

New Opie Oils Homepage Offer!!!

At Opie Oils we have been making some major changes to our website in order to make it easier for you to navigate and use.

We have added;

A better navigation system making the site quicker and locating products easier.

An "oils by grade", "oils by spec", "oils by type" and "oils by brand" page has been added to help you compare car oil products in 4 different ways, details are here http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-681-car-oils.aspx

A new look home page with better navigation, clearer sections, more room for special offers and a new best selling products section included, details are here http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

We have also added some new products, Biodegradable oils, Marine oils and Leisure oils (lawnmowers, that sort of thing)

Your Feedback is very important to us so please have a look and If you have any comments please send them to [email protected]

All Members and Users here are entitled to an automatic discount of a minimum of 10% off the products that we sell just by registering as a Club Member here.

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/createaccount-short.aspx

Please remember to select this Club when you register to get your discounts and to tick the notification of special offers via email to get our notification of any special website offers that we have from time to time.

To celebrate these changes we are also running a special carriage free offer on orders over £40

You will need to use this discount code FREESHIP40 at the checkout and then complete you transaction for over £40 to qualify.

Your order must be placed over our website and you will need to be registered as a Member as mentioned above so why not register today, it costs nothing!

This offer will run until Midnight Sunday 20th of July so don't delay if you want to take advantage of it.

Unfortunately we cannot provide free shipping to UK islands (including Ireland), trade or overseas customers.

Please don't forget to give us your feedback on the website changes.

Thanks again

Guy and the Opieoils.co.uk team.

What's happened to the Silkolene Pro S? It's gone up in price and the 4 x 5L package is replaced with a rather inconvenient 1 x 20L.

Surely a "man made" synthetic oil shouldn't be affected by the crude prices? :D

You should still see the 4 x 5ltr pack, as well as the 20ltr drums. But yes oil prices are going nuts, even if it is synthetic.

Cheers

Guy.

Cheers, I'll have another look, but all I could see was 1L, 5L and 20L choices.

The 20L carton probably makes more financial sense, but the 5L containers are really handy for taking the used oil to the refuse tip!

Just a quick note to say thank you all for taking a look at and forwarding on your comments about our website, much appreciated! Keep the comments coming.

We have also extended this offer till Midnight Sunday 27th July.

Get your orders in!

http://www.opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Guy and the Opieoils.co.uk team.

lmao, i decide today i need more oil and miss the offer by 11hrs :lol:

how do i know which oil filter i need for my car? i sure i read there's a few different sorts for a VR.

am thinking of changing oil, and not using the sikolene pro S anymore, just because i get through too much and its getting expensive for me :lol:

what could i use instead? i used to use VW stuff but i have to drive a 40miles trip to buy some

There's only 1 type of filter for the Corrado VR6. The metal type with in built non-return valve.

If your engine is using loads of Silkolene, Castrol Edge Sport 10W/60 will slow consumption right down, it's a very good oil. I would get the engine looked at though as it shouldn't drink 10/50!

its done 165,000 miles now and hasn't had much if anything done to the engine, its all as it came still.

i do seem to get through a lot of oil, but i do also do alot of miles.

so if i order that oil you mentioned and the recommended filter from opie oils will that be alright, or should i get a VW filter.

do i need to flush the engine before switching oil? will i need any special tools to do oil? am also not sure if gearbox oil has been changed for a while, is that easy to do?

got so many questions :lol: have decided to start servicing it myself now and never done it before.

Yeah Opie sell Purolator filters, which are pretty good. Cheaper to get VW ones though :wink:

Nope, you don't need to flush the engine first, modern synthetics are fine to be mixed together.

Gearoil is a pain to do as it's tricky getting the bottle near the filling hole. It needs a 13mm (IIRC) allen head to remove the filler plug too.

its done 165,000 miles now and hasn't had much if anything done to the engine, its all as it came still.

i do seem to get through a lot of oil, but i do also do alot of miles.

so if i order that oil you mentioned and the recommended filter from opie oils will that be alright, or should i get a VW filter.

do i need to flush the engine before switching oil? will i need any special tools to do oil? am also not sure if gearbox oil has been changed for a while, is that easy to do?

got so many questions :lol: have decided to start servicing it myself now and never done it before.

Do you k now how much oil, say over 1000 miles?

Cheers

Guy

trying to work it out.

last time i bought 5l of oil from you was 6th of june, i nearly finished it off now, have just under a litre.

i probably been doing about 500miles a week.

so thats about 7 weeks, 3500miles and nearly 5l of oil

i don't notice anything out the exhaust, and don't see any spots on the floor where its parked :(

the side of the engine and the sump are all very oily but i don't know where it leaks from