Sign in to follow this  
WHEELER1

best OEM wheels

im really struggling to find a 15" wheel that looks good on my rado. Ive got 17s on it now which look cool but ruin the ride and i wana do a few track days in it.

Im leaning towards a set of something that would have been on a corrado originally particularly Estorils. Any one think they would look o.k? Otherwise i would be grateful of a few ideas

I have recently opted for OEM BBS wheels, as fitted as an option on the 16v. Must admit they look fantastic whilst still retaining the 15" tyres. I have a set of four Sebrings with tyres if you fancy those?

Speedlines off the Vr6 are my absolute favourites. If I had a VR, I doubt i'd want to change them!

Another vote for Speedos as one of the best looking OEM rims. Although I'd have to opt for 16's to give it a bit of extra presence.

Another vote for Speedos as one of the best looking OEM rims. Although I'd have to opt for 16's to give it a bit of extra presence.

Ditto, definately the best OEM rims, easy to maintain too. Though as VR6 said, Speedlines in 16s would be nice 8)

Well it is possible to swap various bits and pieces so that you can fit 5 stud wheels - i've looked into it myself but you need to swap quite a lot :(

Always REALLY liked Speedline Comp2's - they looked quite similar to the BBS wheels fitted on the Storm but they're 16" and a bit more modern looking... here they are on my old G60:

http://novaprospekt.co.uk/corrado/mar05/DSC_0058.jpg

I'm gonna be selling my BBS within the next few weeks.. 16" RX's, IMO suit the car perfectly for OEM look, but thats not what im after. The ride is the best of any wheel i've had before as i've always had 15 or 17"..

21112007005zl5.jpg

21112007010jr9.jpg

Agree that for VR's you need the Speelines but they need spaced out to fill the arches. Ive had 15, 16 & 17in on in the last month and TBH theres not a huge difference in ride handling but ive got Koni coilvers. Did run lowver on the 15in though.

Agree that for VR's you need the Speelines but they need spaced out to fill the arches. Ive had 15, 16 & 17in on in the last month and TBH theres not a huge difference in ride handling but ive got Koni coilvers. Did run lowver on the 15in though.

I've ran 15, 16 and 17" wheels on the corrado and with the drop i wanted and the look of sitting right in the wheelarch i found 15's too low, as were 16's tbh for a daily and i switched to very light weight 17's - similar to the weight of the original speedlines! with the right tire and offset and the handling is good, ride firm but you can fit big brakes behind them and get over bumps if needed

Speedlines off the Vr6 are my absolute favourites. If I had a VR, I doubt i'd want to change them!

i agree, they really suit the corrado, thats why i'm not sure i'll change mine, that and i can't afford any rims i think are worthwhile getting over the speedliens

those black speedos look surprisingly like Compos to me...Oh, and sebrings are the bestest.

yeah they dont quite look like Speedlines - maybe the dark colour :confused4:

I think its the edge of each spokes dont look right.

Bored of the RCs and that style of wheel tbh, would like something less popular or something totally different.

took my 17s off today and put a set of 15s off my golf on. Didnt like the look at all guess ive just got used to the arches being full. Noticed leaky front damper so hoping with a set of coilovers ride might be better. Cant be any worse ive got understeer worse than my work van!

Oh my god! I didn't know they even existed!

they would look first class on a C! 8)

Yeah in silver Lol! Do it Jim :D

I have to agree with the look of borbet C's too they are timeless in my oppinion.

TBH, i'm not really a big fan of the speedies, just think they look too small, plus i dont like wheels that are convex from the centre, i prefer the concave profile, like the Borbets above (the Henny wheel, LOL), for example.

OEM or OEM+ (using something else form the VAG stable?)

Gotta go with Yeti and Bill on the RC's the just suit a the lines... As do LM's ;)

Surprised no-ones come up with RM/RS yet?

Need a pic of Bill's Blackberry on RS'