Sign in to follow this  
MattWilde

Just driven a Lambo LP640

:dance:

Just got back from one of those track experiences that my great parents got for me. Had a choice of cars but opted for the Lamborghini LP640, only 17 in the country I think, and WOW! :shock: what a completely mental car. I have no idea what top speed i got but it felt liike i was being pulled along by the love child of superman and a rhino and it felt great in the corners, loads of grip and felt very balanced. Thankfully it was a manual 'box as i have never driven with flappy paddles and would have been worried that the natural instinct to go for a clutch and lever if it went a bit pear shaped would have taken over.

The car I drove is the one EVO has as a long term test car so you can see pics of it on their web site until I get some pics on here, shame it has made normal life seem a little slow :(

Highly recommended :clap:

I've often entertained the idea of one of those experience days. Not sure I could handle leaving the car there at the end of the day though. :( How much time did you get actually driving the car?

I used to work for a guy who owned a Ferrari F40. I had a very short drive in that for about 5 mins and it scared the hell out of me. Would imagine the Lambo is even quicker? Fair play to you mate.

The LP640 is this one isn't it?

hamann_lp640_hi002.jpg

Cant keep up with supercars these days. There's some gorgeous stuff about now. I drove an LP640 today too but that was on an XBOX

i did somin similer to that. the lamborghini murcielago evo car (the ferrari beater). cost a few pennys but worth every one of them :D

it was the pearl white EVO car with the yellow interior, all info is on http://www.6thgearexperience.com, it did cost a bit but included a demo lap (it was based on Prodrives airfield test track near warwick) in a BMW to show you the track, then 4 laps in the supercar you booked, then a lap as a passenger in an M3 CSL with one of the insrtuctors giving it some beans. The lap isn't massive but has 2 good straights, and with 8K rpm gear changes i managed to get into 4th but was concentrating too much to see the speed, and some good twisty bits. I was petrified of stacking a £225K car but it inspired so much confidence when driving it that i couldn't help flooring it, the sound was pretty awesome too :D The whole place, the staff and instructors that sit in the car with you are really nice and relaxed and it calms you down, my instructor was saying how much more dangerous it is with nervous, twitchy drivers so they want you as relaxed as you can be. I'll hopefully get some pics up later today (never done it before so it might be late) but all I can say is that as much as it didn't feel long enough, i'm not sure if a whole day in that car would be enough and with only 17 in the country it was worth every penny for the experiance, I want to work for EVO!!!

Very nice mate and I have to say, having done one of these, it's worth the money even for the relatively short amount of time spent in the car. Really really awesome :)

Just read an atricle in the local paper about four guys who hired Lambo Murcielargo convertibles and a Bentley Continental GT at £5000 each for a wedding! One of the Lambo drivers had a few too many ciders, subsequently wrapping it round a tree before fleeing the scene! This happened within a mile of my house! If I'd have known I'd have been up there and had the wheels away for my 16v :lol:

Bet the hire company love this guy!