Sign in to follow this  
MT

Insurance - Again!

Please Help!

Has anyone under 25 recently re-insured and been able to get the 'drive any car with third party cover, as long as the car does not belong to you' in their policy?? I am looking for this level of cover and being only 21 cant find anyone to do it!

Any ideas where i can try guys? tried adrian flux and other large firms but to no avail!

Thanks in advance

I tried to get that cover but was told point blank that it was a no no for anyone under 25, some companies may do it but you WILL be paying big bucks! Insurance companies love to rip you off and this is a good excuse for them to do just that! :evil:

Yeah doesn't figure really does it.

You could be insuring a car like the Corrado VR6 with them ( Group 18 ) and have 5 years no claims, and they still wouldn't give you that cover. Why the hell not. I think you have proven that you are a safe and responsible driver, but they still try and screw you based on age.

And speaking of insurance, here is one for a laugh. I tried out a quote with ESURE last night. Can you believe that even though I said I had no points, did limited mileage, 4 years no claims, CAT1 Alarm fitted to car, and wanted a quote on my insurance group 7 Saxo, they refused me insurance because of my age and my car.

Group 7 !!! Who the hell is having who on!! 22 year old with 4 years no claims is not enough to prove you aint gonna smash the car up?! :(

Stupid advert and stupid company..

MT, i started a policy with HIC back in August when I was 24, I have third party fire & theft cover, and they we're loads cheaper than anywhere else. I didn't ask for it as such, but my insurance also includes third party cover for any other vehicle that i don't own (like you said). Oh and track day cover to!

Dunno if they let me have this because I was nearly 25, but like I said it was gratis, didn't pay a penny extra.

Might be worth a try

HIC - 01279 719932 and ask for Phil

Insurance is mad. Just when you think you've figured it out, they come up with another crazy policy!

I used to always have the 'drive any other car 3rd party' on my policy. Now I'm being told that company policy has changed and I have to be 25.

I gently explained that I was insuring a group 18 190bhp car fully comp and they wouldn't cover me to drive, say my Mum's (80bhp??) mk3 1.8 Golf Driver, because of company policy. The woman agreed it was daft but that was just their stance on the matter.

Big pain in the arse really as it used to be handy if you needed to drive another car for whatever reason.

Is it maybe because people have been exploiting it? An 18 year old owns and insures his own 2CV. He then gets his Dad to own and insure a Corrado VR6 (for arguments sake ;)), nice and cheaply. Laddo is then insured to drive said VR6, ok granted, only 3rd party, but at least he's driving it legally.

CorradoVR6-n.o.s, yeah they REALLY don't like mechanics, do they?!? :shock: My mate's a mechanic and was paying an extra third on his insurance compared to me when we both had MKI GTIs, I put a 16V engine in mine and was paying the same amount as he was with a 1.6! :?

I had a real fight to get my insurance down to a reasonable level when I became a broadcast engineer... As soon as you say you work in Radio, they assume you're going to give famous people lifts all the time who will sue you for loss of earnings if you crash with them in the car... :shock: It took me ages to convince them that I just play with PCs and Wires all day and don't have famous people in my car... :roll: :lol:

I can't understand how what you do for a living can affect your premiums by as much as it does... I've been toying with the idea of changing career on and off for a while and keep asking the insurance companies how much difference it'll make... It's put me off a couple of jobs anyway! :shock:

I'm amazed there hasn't been some kind of uproar against insurance in this country.

We pay through the nose but its just accepted.

Though I spose the ever increasing amout of losers who totally avoid paying tax / mot / insurance are those who are ruining it for us. Surely the government should be spending less time trying to screw those of us that DO pay our way with all those speed cameras, and catch those scumbags who are putting our insurance, etc up.

Damnit.

I do like this country, really I do, but sometimes its hard not to get seriously frustrated at how the government likes to take a giant steaming crap on its citizens.

Cheers for the replys guys,

James sprinter - i gave them a ring and they come out more expensive, than my best quote so far from directline. They also didnt offer the dive any car scheme as i was a student!

jims16v - I gave esure a call yesterday aswell and they wouldnt quote me not because of my driving record, age, or apparently type of car but becasue i was a student!!

I have a funny feeling us students are getting a rought time of it! I really have taken a dislike to those insurance geeks, i have had that drive any car stuff since i was bombing around in my polo coupe when i was 17! :mad:

well i got a quote for a g60 i am planning to get i am 27 with 4years ncb alredy got a c and i got quotes ranging from the cheapest at £ 755 to the mental at£4998 :shock: :shock: :shock: some even refused because of my age?insurance you cant live with it and you cant live without it :mad:

insurance is just a rip off my old g60 chiped pulled was 330 full comp put a 150 bhp 1.8 20v turbo lump in it and it went up to 2000 yes 2000 they tried to say the new engine has twice the power g60 200 ish 20v 150 but in the end i got it for 630 full comp with hic

oh i am 27