Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

MK1 golf gti soft top......

My girlfriends cousin has just moved back to england from south of france, she has a beautiful Mk1 Golf GTI cabriolet, it's dark green, with a cream roof and cream leather interior, all in excellent condition,

The problem is it's left hand drive, and has previously been registered in several European countries, - currently has french plates, and french papers.

She's looking to sell it here in the Uk, whats it worth????

What costs are involved with getting it registered here in UK? :scratch:

a left hooker sportline went for £2300 the other day on ebay, that one sounds like the euro equivilent of the British Rivage Leather, maybe called the classic line in europe if memory serves me right? if its in good nick and original, she could still get a good price for it here even LHD, depends on mileage and condition really

the bonus is the left hookers had factory power steering, so the ladies would like it, the downside is you gotta find a British lady who can drive a right hand drive car and then adapt to use LHD :wink: not any easy ask :lol:

Best place to advertise it is on the MK1 owners club, but you cant post cars for sale unless your a member! which i am :grin: so i MAy be able to put an ad of somesort for ya

i would like another one myself but cant justify having 2 cabrios and a Corrado..........or can I :lol:

To register it you need to get a type approval from VW homogolation dept (about £80) then get it registered (£ ??), motd and insured and taxed, best to let any buyer do it and save her self the hassle :lol: its not that hard to do

stick some pics up

Yeah i think a lad on the mk1 owners club just bought it :D he already had a gti cabrio too, so he is selling that now, he was asking how to register the french one :lol:

personally i would have found out before i bought it like :wink:

£600 for what is, a euro Rivage leather is mad!!!!!!!! the interior and roof are worth that! the rims were a set of RM`s used on the euro version and they are a bit marked to be fair, he posted some pics and it does need to be tidied & straitened up and thoroughly cleaned, but it has a D&W steering wheel and its a nice colour and the leather looks very good

£600 is an absolute bargain, i would have defo had that myself!