Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

Help me get closer to my nx C! Golf Mk4 Rear washer Fix

Just a quick one. Anyone know the quickiest / easiest way to get to the rear washer pipe on a Mk4 Golf???

Having MOT done tomorrow, in prep to sell and purchase my 2nd C, and the rear wiper spray direction thingy is cracked off. So when activated, water direction is straight at the driver behind and quite powerful too!! Great as a James Bond gadget, but not if trying to pass MOT!! Thinking of locating the little hose and clipping it temporarily.

cheers. Might source a new rear wiper arm from local scrappers. Was looking round some vag sites and the rear washer pipe is a bit tricky to locate. Was thinking of shooving some potato in the little hole, stop it squirting out, but fear I'll just end up creating a crude Spud Gun :norty:

you're lucky, most mk4's pop the connection in the roof (smart idea that VW) or the hose pops off the back of the spray nozzle and water fills the tailgate, seems the connections are not up to the pressure the little pump can deliver.

Actualy based over in sunny Dublin, Ireland so we don't have MOT, its NCT, same gig though. Hence the cleverly disguised question. But it turns out afer speaking to a mate the NCT doesn't look at it either.

A big thanks for all replies fella's. Appreciate it.

Now, back to 'Cars for sale' section........ :D