Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

got myself a runabout as corrado backup....advice

was looking for a corrado 16v or something but got this. Absolute star of a car, full service history, immaculately looked after and so smooth, quiet etc and easily pulls 40mpg tootling to work at 60-70 mph, drives like new - really - !!!! Even if not being careful, pulls 33-35mpg. hasn't even suffered from trolley dinks and is totally straight, 2 door black. it will look superb once polished..... £1800 ;-)

anyway - needs a bit more poke (sort of defeats to principle of a sensible daily drive but so what.) any recommendations / good golf forums? also, how do i easily establish the engine code cos i want to fit cruise control......?P7200794 (Small).JPG[/attachment:146nlg9h]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfP7200796 (Small).JPG[/attachment:146nlg9h]

is that a 2L cross flow head 8v then? engine code should be on cambelt cover, a lot of car for the money but the engine isn't really tuneable, I guess you could flow the head but it's going to be £££ for a few hp.

If you rev the car with one foot and hold the revs then dab the brakes with the other foot if it's DBW the revs will come down, then you know cruise is easy to fit. UK mkIV's forum is about the best.

A Mk4 GTi is a run-about? :shock: :shock:

I must be really REALLY poor.

There's a mk4 forum, but I haven't been on it: UK Mk4s

Edit: Beaten to it by the Dink.

....but the engine isn't really tuneable, I guess you could flow the head but it's going to be £££ for a few hp..

i reckon a charger or turbo will sort it sharpish.......

I must be really poor too lol. Id look no further than a Saxo or 106 for a run around car.

that is setting your sights low :lol:

going for a complete dub family - now got a svr corrado, golf gti and lupo tdi :-0

really couldn't stoop to a saxo/corsa :nono:

Shame vw don't make a bike as iv'e had to buy a suzuki sv1000s ;-)