Sign in to follow this  
Jim

How to test Infinity Basslink / anyone with one in Warks?

Stupid question but - a few years ago (when I had my old G60) it came with an Infinity Basslink and after a few months of use it packed up. Thinking back i'm SURE I replaced the fuse in it (as you would expect) but it still didn't work so I bought another one to replace it. But I did keep the old one and I think i'd like to dig it out, change the fuse and try it again as i'd pretty much written it off as being dead but if it works then it can go into my car and save me having to buy one!

Anyone in the area that I could just chuck mine into the boot and try it out? I'd hook it up here but I have no idea on how to connect up stereo gear like this. Of course some pointers would also be welcome as an alternative! :)

Well you're more than welcome to try it in my car, but it's a fair old drive for a 5 minute plug and play test.

All you need to test it is a 12v feed from the/a car battery and some kind of RCA signal going into it. You may also need a second feed from the battery to switch it on, but that can easily be lashed up for testing.

Just in case you dont have the manual, you can download it here

If you dont have RCA's and you are using the speaker (line level) connections you dont need a remote wire as the basslink will wake up as soon as it gets an input signal, if you are using RCA's you will need either a remote connection or just jumper the +12v across to the remote terminal for testing.

I really need to learn some basics about this. I was planning to wire it in using some Sub out ports on the back of my head unit (assuming this is RCA's) but I do wanna test the thing outside of the car before I run cabling for it...

I might consult Eric when he comes back as he knows his electrics. Hopefully I could learn some basics at the same time too!