Sign in to follow this  
rapid_rocco

Central Locking Nightmare

Hi,

I appriciate this subject has been covered, but searching hasn't really given me a straight answer.

Quick rundown

- My VR is Alarmfob Entry only (i.e. keys only work in ignition, no key for door or boot), have a Laserline Alarm/Immob.

-You guessed it, last week, on alarm/immob disarming the DOOR PINS DON'T POP UP!! :censored:

-Replaced c/l PUMP, no joy

-Replaced c/l UNIT (by rear bench), no joy

-Unplugged door handles, no joy

Basically, once i can get in the car and lift the door pins, when i Alarm the car, the DOOR PINS STILL POP DOWN, but NOT UP.

Im sorry if this is hastily worded, but i've pretty much explored most possibilities.

Have done continuity checks on the pump and all is fine there. The condition of the wires into the door handle seem fine. How can i check the continuity of these without the key?

I have gone through the VAG checklist that someone had posted here also, and all was good.

Any help would be warmly recieved.

Many thanks,

ross

Same as mine, done all the checks you have. Going to have a proper look at the drivers door mechanism this weekend and see if anything has broken, become misplaced.

Whetever you do, don't try to pull up the door pins when the CL pump is in use, you can easily snap the door pin mech that goes into the door - I did that recently when my RCL when funny.

I would say check all the connections around the alarm/immob but as you can't get into the car there isn't a great deal you can do - hope it starts working again?

When you do get it working, I would get a key cut for the doors and boot ASAVP.

Is the pump operating when you lock and unlock the car?

as it's a pnumatic system it works on pressure or vacuum to operate the locks, if one of the tubes to any of the locks (remember there is one on the fuel flap too) is loose it is possible that when blowing it is forcing the tube out of the socket and just wasting the pressure, but on vacuum the suction pulls the pipe into the connector and seals enough to operate the locks, (had this on a mk3 golf)

usually the pump will run for longer than normal if there is a leak in the system.

Hi,

Many thanks for your replies.

Just had another look today, and checked the vacuum lines and there doesn't seem to be a leak.

The pump only runs when locking the car from the keyfob (with me in the car), but doesn't work unlocking.

Im pretty much at a dead end? anyone with any similar probs?

Is there a way of getting keys retro-cut to fit the locks (as i havn't the original keys)?

many thanks again