Sign in to follow this  
welshconan

Advice - Removal of Exterior Stickers

Hey Chap's

I'm after a bit of advice on how to remove my stickers on the exterior of my Corrado. I have VW sticker's that runs above the sills and also the length of the sills. They are starting to look really tacky and I want to remove them myself this weekend. How do I go above this? Any advice welcome, plus will the paint work under the stickers be OK?

Cheers

Lee

I'd use a hot air gun set on a low setting or a hair drier to heat them up and you should be able to carefully peel them off. You'll probably need some sticky stuff remover to get the gunge off after - have a look in Halfords to see what they've got.

As for the paintwork - that's really going to depend on how long they've been on there. If you're lucky, the paint will be fine and just needs a wash, if you're not the paint might have faded everywhere apart from under the stickers.

Cheers

By the state of them, they have been on since the car was new.

OK - I'm gonna give it a blast and hopefully the paint is fine under the stickers.

Lee