Sign in to follow this  
rodenal

Picked up my first corrado

Agreed the deal a few weeks ago then finally picked it up today, drove it 150 miles home and im really impressed with it for such an old car!!

for anybody who's interested: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250271086705&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

There are a couple of little things not quite right with it as expected, gives me something to work towards so in a way im kinda happy about that lol! I'm gonna trawl through the guides on the forum as there's tons and tons of information, but i'll mention them here incase anybody has some quick tips for me:

First thing is that the rear wiper doesnt seem to work, or maybe i just cant figure out how to get it to wipe - the rear washer does work tho.

Second thing is slightly more important, the blowers dont seem to put out much air - i can hear the fan trying harder as i turn from one up to four, stepping up each time, but there doesnt seem to be alot of air coming out of the vents. I'm wondering if there is anything in particular i should be looking for?

Third thing is the spoiler, its gotten alot better now but seemed to be struggling to go up and down at first, going up/down in stages if that makes any sense. However it seems to be almost a continuous movement now so im guessing they can get a bit clogged up if not used for a while?

Last thing and im not too worried about this, the Gear selection is a bit like stirring soup - i'm guessing it's just that the car's on the original linkage and it could be doing with a mini overhaul am i barking up the right tree.

Anyway, i love the car already i hope it lasts as long as i want it to!! I was expecting it to be a slow old thing as its only a valver but it's not actually too bad especially from about 50-80 so im quite impressed with that!

congrats and welcome to forum. Looks like a good piece you've got, it'll be a 16V 2.0 with 136bhp as standard. There ar many querks of th Corrado that you will get to know. There are quit a few 'valver' owners here, several of whom will be along to help you shortly. In spite of any service history, i would always change all the fluids and filters as a start more for peace of mind, that way you know your reference point. That icludes of course oil, oil filter, coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid. If you can get th engine steam cleaned do so, as this will show us any areas that may potentially be leaking and will need correcting.

Silver is a rare colour too.

Enjoy your new, and unique, motor :) You'll see fellow rado owners flash or wave every so often too, its a nice community to be part of.

Thanks, i've always wanted one just so happens that i've got the spare cash and can insure one now!

I'm on top of the fluids etc gonna change them at the start of september and i think i'm gonna change the belts/waterpump/tensioners too just to be on the safe side - i cant find anything advising on when to change the timing belt im having a stab in the dark at the usual vag/audi 80k or 5 years?

Thanks, i've always wanted one just so happens that i've got the spare cash and can insure one now!

I'm on top of the fluids etc gonna change them at the start of september and i think i'm gonna change the belts/waterpump/tensioners too just to be on the safe side - i cant find anything advising on when to change the timing belt im having a stab in the dark at the usual vag/audi 80k or 5 years?

Yep change the belts definitely. I've changed timing belts on toher crs but not a C, tbh. Its not difficult, perhaps a little tricky. Gradually youo can work your way around various auxiliary units (eg as you point out the water pump) and replace them or the seals as necessary.