Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

Polybush question

before we go any further, yes i am fitting polybushes to the rear axle of my Corrado, and this isnt a discussion whether they are better or worse than standard VAG ones.

Now, ive come to fit the bushes to the rear axle of the G60, and i cut/drilled the old rubber ones out cleaned the holes, lubed up the powerflex bushes and fitted them in (without the steel insert, as the box tells you to) and i DID need to press them in, which was quite concerning as reading other posts suggested they were a 'easy push in by hand job' but they did go in all all looked good. Until i went to fit the steel sleeves inside them, they go in about halfway and really dont want to go any further, and the hole in the bush that the sleeve fits in looks like its not supposed to take something that large :camp:

the box said they were golf 2/3 4 stud rear axle bushes (same as corrado G60 ones) but im thinking the bushes may be in the wrong box?? are the VR6 ones larger or aere they all the same??

I dont really want to take these bushes out and buy another set only to find they are the same ones again and im just being a numpty...so any ideas ?

you will probably just have to tap the sleeve the rest of the way in with a soft headed hammer - that's what i had to do on mine if i recall.

they should tap in relatively easily though...

VR6 Corrados use a different part number Powerflex bush for the rear beam to all other variants. VR6 uses PFR85-206 and all other variants use PFR85-207. I know because I just bought the whole car kit for my VR from EuroCarParts new performance department, PitLane. The guys seemed really knowledgable and the whole kit of parts was in stock! just need to find the time to fit them all now!