Sign in to follow this  
Dog Soldier

Bit of advice required - steering related

I drive a M plate corrado (2.0l) and this morning the steering has just become incredibly heavy, heavy enough that you just couldn't drive the vehicle.

There's nothing obstructing the wheels, so I'm assuming it's power steering related.

Anyone got a clue on what it could be?

See attached pic. PAS fluid resevoir is actually to the left of the battery.

The belt is below betweebn #2 and #3 near the bottom, there should be 2 belts - you want to check the small one!

The pump is also down here :D

Cheers mate.

I've just popped down to look at the car and I've spotted the problem straight away, the pas belt has come off, and is pretty mangled.

So I'm assuming all I need to do is get a new one and fit it, and hopefully that should be the problem resolved.

I'll check the fluids also, but then if there's still a problem it's safe to assume it's the pump that's gone then.

Do I need any special tools to get it fitted or do I have to take anything out or can I just fit a new belt back over it?

If i remember correctly, my pulley was completely siezed up and my tensioner arm needed replacing :(. Therefore, I disconnected the bolts of the pump (not the hoses!) to get a little play so I could fit the new belt. You might have better luck tho 8)