Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Shaggy's VR - R32 Engine on the cards ;-)

My second attempt after previously owning/building my old Highly modded G60 Rado : http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25353&p=270404#p270404

& then doing the Same with my Mk2 G60 Edition One :http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89060&st=0

Thought i might go back a step or 2 and get back into a Rado Again, this time a VR.!

Was'nt gonna do much of a build thread on this.. but ah well :D

Pick this little beaut up a few weeks back! bar £80 it was a straight swap for my audi a4 daily!

Needs work.... but is gonna be more suitable replacement for the Golf G60 when in goes in september.

This is how i picked it up... :headbang: feeling slightly sorry for it self

IMG_1774.jpg

Now bearing in mind i have a Tight budget i think its turned out ok.. still got loads to do, but its getting there.

First things first was to sort out the poo paint... i had a mate of a mate spray the whole car on the cheap.. not show quality or anything but perfectly good enough considering it cost me feck all :lol:

IMG_1776.jpg

Then it was Cool wheels & Ebay cheap coilover time.. always wanted these

09082008259.jpg

20082008267.jpg

Pretty much getting there now... just needed to replace the crappy standard exhaust due to various holes in the original system.. So sourced a nice wallet friendly replacement

23082008272.jpg

23082008275.jpg

23082008276.jpg

Just needs a little bit more lowering, spacing of rear, a few satin black touches and maybe a 90mm splitter and it will be pretty much there.

Further plans down the road include a 24v conversion over winter and a complete interior overhaul... all on the DIY cheap. 8) although i am still really liking the idea of supercharging the 12v lump.. not sure yet tbh..

Although its gonna be kinda gutting seeing the Golf G60 go, atleast i have this to play with for a while.

Mike.

Love the car Mike.. Rims look sweet :lol:

good to meet you today... the G60 is awesome.. catch you at E38 :D :wink:

Yeh and you mate! always good to put a face to a forum name etc etc! :D

Sure i will see ya next week bud! 8) albeit in a rather messy state i can imagine haha

Oh and if i can get mine anywhere near as "stanced" as yours i will be bloody chuffed tbh! yours is simply nuts on the move 8)

Yeh and you mate! always good to put a face to a forum name etc etc! :D

Sure i will see ya next week bud! 8) albeit in a rather messy state i can imagine haha

Indeed... defo gona be messy one.. :drinking:

BTW rims really suit a red corrado :afro:

Those wheels look the absolute bulldogs pheres on a red car mate, that paint looks pretty good from the photos too 8)

looks spot on, my favourite choice of wheel too. Ill try and dig some pics out from when i had it many moons ago.

Gav

very nice mate. loving the wheels but i have quite a biased opinion on them! :p :) you have any ruvbing issues on the front? that was the only thing that stopped me getting 9's for the fronts?!

not really had any major issues really! i think its mainly due to the fact i have falken 205/40 tyres on... give enough room for clearance.

Only ever so slightly rubs when on full lock.. but apart from that its ok :D

need more pics.. the exhaust settled in then Mike?? ready for the wkend??

YEh the exhaust has settled more now! knocks ever so slightly but i am sure thats because i literally put it on in 10 minutes.. so prob need refitting to get 100%! but the look is exactly what i was after!

Saw your car on the show field on the sunday Bally tho! couldnt find you tho :D

was great to see on the roll as i was following ya, looked ace on the weekend fella.

is it a vr or 16v? im sure my rims stick out more than that,. what offset did you get ;) looks smart as mate! really loving 9's all round. *jealous*

is it a vr or 16v? im sure my rims stick out more than that,. what offset did you get ;) looks smart as mate! really loving 9's all round. *jealous*

Yeh its a VR, so has the slightly wider track than the 16v. 8)

They are ET25 all round... they do kinda stick out slighty at the front, and without running stretched tyres they would destroy the arches.. hence why i am running falken 205/40/16s which give a nice stretch without being OTT.

On another note, one thing i really must sort out on this car is the hydraulic system... its really not right at all... i think air is either in the system or something is leaking somewhere?? clutch pedal and brakes (clutch pedal doesnt even return sometimes) are really crap after longish stretches on the motorway.. I think i may try bleeding the entire system and see where that gets me..?? hopefully nothing too expensive

need more pics.. the exhaust settled in then Mike?? ready for the wkend??

YEh the exhaust has settled more now! knocks ever so slightly but i am sure thats because i literally put it on in 10 minutes.. so prob need refitting to get 100%! but the look is exactly what i was after!

Saw your car on the show field on the sunday Bally tho! couldnt find you tho :D

Hey Mike.. loved the look of the pipe.. suits the rado...

yeh saw yr motor on saturday.. looks lovely... didnt spot you anywhere.. guessed most peeps were feeling rough from sat nite hence not seeing yr car again?? either way hope you had a top wkend.. see you soon fella...

Haha yeh i was hanging out of my arse most of SAturday and sunday... somehow i managed to get up early enough to get the car onto the showground on the saturday.. but sunday just wasnt gonna happen lol!

I almost put the car into the for sale section on the saturday... i was so so tempted to sell up and get something really really retro... but i think i am gonna stick to my guns and finish the rado.

had an awesome weekend though! shame about a few of the chavs around... but i guess your gonna get them nowadays regardless..

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0013-2.jpg

had an awesome convoy up there though! 17 cars in total!

DSC_0022-2.jpg

Seen your car on the Saturday and thought it was looking sweet, had a scout around to look for you but you weren't near your car on Sat and I was feeling worse for wear on the Sunday, was good to see some members cars in the metal. Nice stereo to mate ;)

Heres a shot I got of yours

DSCF9592.jpg

That's looking lovely mate, i've just aquired a flash red VR6 and am looking to lower it soon and get a few small body work issues sorted, your car is a great inspiration!

Cheers.

Mike.. spoted this whats going??

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/692373.htm

hmmm, you spotted it then :D its just a feeler really Bally.. hence the optimistic price 8)

Think i am just toying with myself... think once the golf has gone i will be 100% committed to the rado, the way it needs to be, as i have so many ideas flying around in my head at the moment. :gag: :)

I almost bought one of the Dubpower R32 conversion manifolds at edition38 to keep me on track with my plans for a DIY R32 swap so i dont keep changing my mind all the time :lol: